Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrible Handwriting

Options
  • 29-03-2007 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

Is your handwriting a problem for you in exam situations? My handwriting is terrible even when I'm not writing quickly . Any ideas on how I can improve? I can barely reread my own work never mind having to let an examiner read it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Try practice slowly and legibly, then with enough practice, speed it up? Seems the only way to do it. If you can't write slowly and legibly you could, as infantile as it sounds, try tracing the correct shapes of letters and whatnot. : )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

One thing I really like doing is writing , not what I'm actually writing but the physical act of putting pen to paper. The way I see it is that every word you write is practice , try to do every letter better then the last time you did it and in no time without realising it you'll actually have really awesome writing. It doesnt take long by any standards either , I have completely changed the style of certain letters in just a single day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

If your writing is an italics scrawl, try and upright it. If it's joined, make sure you can differentiate between g's and y's and so on. You're right though, you could lose presentation marks and the examiner isn't going to love you if they have to squint at your paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

You have all the qualities required to become a Doctor anyway :P

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

One thing im worried about is speed...my handwriting is very legible but i write very slowly. In a recent english test, got just over 2 nd 1/2 pages written in 40 minutes. Fair enough, i had to write a plan (took a cuple of minutes) but still i believe im still a very slow writer.

Is there anyway i can improve speed, im just trying to push myself at the moment, i.e. timing myself writing out an english essay but not really improving. I can get a 5 page essay written in just over 50 mins now...is that good/bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Buy a load of those cheap pens that can barely write and try and improve your speed with these. Before the exams change back to BIC pens and you'll find you'll be much faster!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I was one of those... my handwriting was always a problem. I can write fine when i take my time but i prefer to get it out asap so i speed up and then it scawls so only i can read it... sometimes i even cant read it :D
    Thankfully i have not needed to write much since i left school 10 years ago :D Yay for computers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭markk06

alan4cult wrote:
    Is your handwriting a problem for you in exam situations? My handwriting is terrible even when I'm not writing quickly . Any ideas on how I can improve? I can barely reread my own work never mind having to let an examiner read it!

im the exact same...even if i write slowly which isnt possible in an exam.
    Its too late for me though ive accepted its never gonna improve.

Advertisement