Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomtom one power button trouble?

Options
  • 29-03-2007 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

I just got my tomtom one v2 europe, how long should you hold the power button to turn it on/off? Its fully charged and I have to push the power button in with a lot of pressure for about 15-20seconds for it to power on. Is this the norm?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭wexford12

I have the same one a couple days now i didnt notice that but will check tomorrow i think mine takes a couple seconds and no presure to talk about to turn on where did you get it and how much when its on how do you find it any good im very happy with mine so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

It doesn't seem to take as long to power on now, maybe it just needed to be broken in. I bought it off handtec.co.uk, I bought the home charger too, kind of pointless in retrospect.

I haven't used it much tbh, but today was my first day out on the road with it. Driving from Rathangan to Bray it decided on some pretty questionable roads, which would actually prolong the journey. I have it set to fastest route, maybe I should pick shortest route. I like the way when you don't follow it's directions it recalculates a different route to the destination.

I've one gripe with it, I haven't got the knack of how to search for places in Ireland without it bringing up Aberdeen or some city in Holland.

Btw I had trouble updating it through the TOMTOMHOME software that came on the cd, so I downloaded the latest version of TOMTOMHOME from the tomtom site and it updates on first attempt.

Advertisement