Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

setting up 3 mobile as a bluetooth modem on mac os x

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

culabula wrote:
    Have you ticked Use Passive FTP Mode (PASV) under proxies?
    no bother,
    ipv6 is automatic,
    its works fine as it always had under wifi,
    PASV is ticked,
    it must be an issue with their www.widerweb.net server , your data card doesnt use this i guess,do you see any reference to this when browsing and does it say "mobile broadband" at the bottom of each webpage?

being a great help

damo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Try setting the IPv6 to 'off' too. If it makes no difference, change it back to automatic. I have had to change it on occasions while travelling.

damo86 wrote:
    no bother,

it must be an issue with their www.widerweb.net server , your data card doesnt use this i guess,do you see any reference to this when browsing and does it say "mobile broadband" at the bottom of each webpage?

being a great help

damo

No and I absolutely do not like the sound of this. I never have heard of widerweb until now, and as I am on the verge of recommending the add-ons to a friend in the sticks, I do not want this to happen (although you can add it and remove it on a monthly basis).

I have several friends who have adopted the dataSIM and this is in no way an issue.

Let's hope they haven't configured it for Win-doze only.

doubt it will make any difference..ill give a go anyway!
    just a matter of interest does your address bar change to this when entering a address etc

damo86 wrote:
    doubt it will make any difference..ill give a go anyway!
    just a matter of interest does your address bar change to this when entering a address etc

No, that has never happened.....egad! Hang in there :-(

• Advertisement

Now logged on using 3 SIM to send this. No issues whatsoever. At the moment I am logged on to 3UK but was on 3IRL all day today.

seems to be a lost cause,what i might try is to go through another custom proxy to see it sorts itself out..you never know!!

thanks anyway,hopefully its just matter of a few problems that need to be ironed out!!!

damo

I have asked a well-placed individual in 3 to investigate this for us. Hope to hear in the morning.

Advertisement