Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista blue screen error...Occurs after installing a game and trying to run it

• 29-03-2007 10:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭

This occurs when i use the game (Sim city 4 Deluxe) and simply crashes after its finished installing then everyone time i try to run the game....after the computer reboots i get a message saying that Windows have recovered from a unexpected shutdown and doesnt seem to be able to find a online solution..It gives these details on the problem

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 6153

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: 1000008e
    BCP1: C0000005
    BCP2: 89A503B9
    BCP3: A067B538
    BCP4: 00000000
    OS Version: 6_0_6000
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini032907-01.dmp
    C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-86861-0.sysdata.xml
    C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\WERA247.tmp.version.txt

Read our privacy statement:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

Specs are...(not 2 sure if these are what u need but.. just typing what i says)..Toshiba Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU t2060 @1.60GHz 1.60GHz

Dual-Core t2060 512MB Memory
    80GB Harddisk Drive

Sorry if this has been asked before or im missing info you need im not too sure

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition is pretty old, right click the games shortcut and select properties then go to the compatibility section and select Windows XP SP2 from the list & click okay.

Try again after that & see if it still happens.

What kind of graphics chipset is in the laptop updating the display drivers may resolve the issue ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

8T8 wrote:
    SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition is pretty old, right click the games shortcut and select properties then go to the compatibility section and select Windows XP SP2 from the list & click okay.

Try again after that & see if it still happens.

What kind of graphics chipset is in the laptop updating the display drivers may resolve the issue ?

Old really?i thought it was the latest out...anyway yes i tried running it in compatibility mode with XP Service pack 2 no luck and ive updated my display drivers and still no luck..where would i find the info bout the graphics chipset?

Well from what I can make out the Deluxe version is just Sim City 4 (2003) + expansion pack & the release date for the Deluxe pack was jan 2004 so that was a while back.

To get the ID of the graphics chipset go into;
    Control Panel\System\Windows Experience Index\View and print details

Look at the section labelled graphics what does it say after it ?

According to EA's own site using the XP compatibility option plus disabling UAC is the way to "possibly" get it running, anyway if the updated display driver doesn't work try turning off UAC.

Also there was a patch released for the game by EA so install that as well on the off chance it might help the SKU 2 is the one you'll be wanting if the game is the EU version.

Graphics

Display adapter type Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family
    Total available graphics memory 224 MB
    Dedicated graphics memory 0 MB
    Dedicated system memory 32 MB
    Shared system memory 192 MB
    Display adapter driver version 7.14.10.1114
    Primary monitor resolution 1280x800
    DirectX version DirectX 9.0 or better
    That it???.Whats the UAC?how do i disable it?and ive already updated to the latest patch..thx for your help so far..

Never mind i see the instructions in the link...ill follow them..thx

*EDIT**http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsVista/en/library/0d75f774-8514-4c9e-ac08-4c21f5c6c2d91033.mspx?mfr=true

see on that page...when i type the secpol.msc into the run box it cant find it

Okay you have Intel integrated graphics this is the correct driver to download and install.

Next step is to turn off UAC go into the control panel\user accounts

You will see an option to "turn user account control on or off" simply set it to off and will be prompted to reboot the machine.

After the reboot to dismiss the security warnings about UAC being disabled go into control panel\security centre

Now click on "Change the way security centre alters me" to the left hand side and select "Don't notify me and don't display the icon" and that will stop it bothering you about UAC being turned off.

Now give it another go after all that.

• Advertisement

excellent m8..works grand....thanks a lot...I already had the UAC disabled so not sure if it was just the driver update or a combination of the both

Was probably the driver update Intel's drivers are pretty crappy so really need to be updated.

Anyway problem solved :)

Advertisement