Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volvo s40 fuel economy

Options
  • 29-03-2007 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭

I've 1.9d Volvo s40 01. It's just been serviced tyres are good on it etc etc. however i only get 500/550 miles on a 50 litre tank of diesel.. most of my driving is national roads not stuck in much traffic etc. I think this is really poor fuel economy. Does anyone have a similar s40 and what do they get from it? Also what do people think is this poor or near average? (my last car was a 1.4 astra and i got 400/450 miles on a 50 litre tank in that)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

i only get 500/550 miles on a 50 litre tank of diesel.. most of my driving is national roads not stuck in much traffic etc. I think this is really poor fuel economy

That's around 50MPG. Pretty good in my book tbh. What were you expecting?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

I'm not sure maybe at least 550/600 per tank.. I just wanted peoples opinions to see. you reckon thats not bad so.. I suppose i just expected way more from a petrol to a diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

A 1.8 or 2.0 petrol driven in a similar fashion would get you 35MPG at most I'd have thought

ok it's not so bad at that so...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That is pretty good from a car of that size.

The Renault 1.9 litre 115bhp turbo diesel engine in the MkI S40 was economical if not as refined as some other diesels of the time.

• Advertisement

it has power when I want and is quiet comfortable for my daily commute.. ( at least i now know I'm not being shafted on diesel consumption)

if you think that's bad, don't ever buy the s60 - I get 22/25 mpg on average.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

It's a small tank on average. If you had a 60l tank like most medium sized cars you could get the mileage you're expecting.

yeh true it is quiet small

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

I however i only get 500/550 miles on a 50 litre tank of diesel.. most of my driving is national roads not stuck in much traffic etc.
    I'm no expert but 500/550 miles sounds good - 500/550KM would be a different story. My 1.3 CDTi astra does 850Km (530 M) per 50L tank so i think your doing alright....

• Advertisement
Advertisement