Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer inks

Options
  • 29-03-2007 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,506 ✭✭✭✭

Went into PC World to buy computer inks yesterday. Single colour Epsom inks were around €12 for 8ml cartridges, so I took one of each, then noticed that yellow was around €10 (why?) but black which was 13ml was just over €30. Less than 50% extra for well over twice the price??? I queried it but was told that was the price. The assistant then pointed out the 4-pack for €50 - which I assume has 3 x 8ml and 1 x 13ml but there are no volumes marked on the cartridges or packaging. So I bought that as being reasonable value compared with the others. I contacted Epsom but they said they couldn't comment about other retailers - I would have thought they would have an interest!

Has anyone else noticed this or was it PC World 'think of a number' pricing?

With the price of bog-standard printers though (which this is) I would probably be better just buying substitute inks till the printer dies then buying another printer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

go to ' inkjet.ie '

• Registered Users Posts: 28,506 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Thanks for that, I think plan B is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sparksfly

Have a canon pixma printer, friend has an epson, branded cartridges cost 17-24 euro respectivly. I can get pack of 10 canon and 8 epson compatibles from an ebay seller called 'Completebuy' in the US for 19.95 incl postage. Quality is just as good and it makes photo printing very affordable.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

go to ' inkjet.ie '
    They are a rip off too.
    7DayShop are far cheaper for compatibles as are Ukdvdr
    http://www.ukdvdr.co.uk/shop/Epson-Compatible-Ink-Cartridges-listed-by-Printer-Model-c-271.html

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Sidney77

pc world arent great for anything from what i hear

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

PC World are very expensive - I purchased of VikingDirect and made a nice saving. Gonna try those ink-refilling places as I saved my emptys.

Probably the prices rise as one is used more then the others. Its a paid that epson require a different cartridge for each bloody colour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Slate

I thought I was doing the eco thing getting my cartridges refilled. We have dozen ink jet printers in our offices. After 3 months we have had to bin 3 printers because refills have ruined them. I didn't realise that the way that they refill is to drill a hole in the cartridges and cover with a sticker. Often the ink leaks and this is what happened with our printers. It was cheaper to buy new printers than try get them repaired

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Slate wrote:
    I thought I was doing the eco thing getting my cartridges refilled. We have dozen ink jet printers in our offices. After 3 months we have had to bin 3 printers because refills have ruined them. I didn't realise that the way that they refill is to drill a hole in the cartridges and cover with a sticker. Often the ink leaks and this is what happened with our printers. It was cheaper to buy new printers than try get them repaired

What the heck? I always used a syringe.

Advertisement