Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Re-applying for a Provisional

Options
  • 29-03-2007 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭

Got my provisional in 2005 and looking at it today I see it expires on the 4th of next month.
    Now I dont really drive that much, but I'm starting to again and will be applying for the full soon enough. Now do I have to resit the provisional exam or do they just send me a new one?
    Also with your 2nd provisional are you allowed to legally drive on your own?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

U just have to apply again and theyll send it out. And you're allowed legally drive on your own on your 2nd yeah. But ya still can't drive on motorways. And ya still need L plates up.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,985 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Slurms wrote:
    Now do I have to resit the provisional exam or do they just send me a new one?

You'll have to apply for your new licence; they won't send one out to you automatically. You won't have to resit the theory test.
    Slurms wrote:

Yes
    Slurms wrote:
    but I'm starting to again and will be applying for the full soon enough.

I'd apply now. Those waiting lists are as long as ever ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Slurms wrote:
    Yes, if it is a category B provisional.

Advertisement