Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ink Cartridges?!?

• 29-03-2007 11:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    My printer just ran out of ink, and I urgently need something printed by tomorrow morning.
    I can go down to Tesco but I think they only have HP cartridges and I have a Dell printer.

Does it matter if you use an ink cartridge made by one company in a printer made by another?

Thanks in advance

SG

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

You're going to get a lot of replies here about only using the appropriate manufacturer's cartridges, as not doing so will affect any warranty on the printer. Personally, I have a HP printer and I use Tesco all the time and have never had a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Thanks a million smashey
    Aren't printers generally quite cheap? This one was free anyway, so I'm not too bothered about the warranty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Some printers are dirt cheap because the cartridges are so expensive.

You can get them refilled for half the price in cartridge world and also be a bit kinder to the environment :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

You can get them refilled for half the price in cartridge world and also be a bit kinder to the environment :)

I went down and got a Tesco one, worked fine.
    It was urgent this time, but I'll remember that^^ in future.
    Thanks guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Some printers are dirt cheap because the cartridges are so expensive.

Only thing with that is it can be hit and miss. Some cartridges when refilled the quality is okay but with others the quality is shite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ianwalsh2

Or you could save even more and refill it yourself! That's what I always do, and I've never had any problem with quality. I get my refill kits in aldi whenever they're in, but I've seen em in tesco for around a tenner. The black ink refill pack will refill the cartridge about 6 times. Bit messy, but huge savings!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

ianwalsh2 wrote:
    Or you could save even more and refill it yourself! That's what I always do, and I've never had any problem with quality. I get my refill kits in aldi whenever they're in, but I've seen em in tesco for around a tenner. The black ink refill pack will refill the cartridge about 6 times. Bit messy, but huge savings!

Only do this if the cartridge you are filling has a built in head like some of the HP's. I was refilling canon ink cartridges and the head in it went which caused me to have to replace the printer, I blame the Tesco Ink Re-fill I was using, it is fine with a cartridge with a built in head because if it goes wrong you can buy a replacement cartridge, a new print head is very expensive.

I now use a HP Photosmart C3180 with built in head cartridges, I get them refilled at a local dealer and they are fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭colm21

you can do so - actually the remanufactured cartridges are better than original because they havemore ink and ofcourse alot cheaper - check these guys out www.printerinkcartridges.ie

Advertisement