Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connemarathon

Options
  • 29-03-2007 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭

I'm offline now until after Connemara, so I just want to wish everone who is taking part in the three races the best of luck. Its my first time to do Connemara so I really looking forward to it. Wishing everyone a good day out;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭MoSeS_.

Suffering today now, 'tis just a regular monday morning for my upper body but everything below the waist is in bits.

What a fecking day though, the weather the scenery, the organisation, everything was spot on.

connemarathon.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

I second that, it was an amazing day all round. I was thrilled with my debut half marathon too, coming in at 1:44 with my goal to beat 2 hours. Most of all though I'm just so glad to have the hell of the west behind me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

My first ever half marathon too. Last race I ran was back in 2000. Was happy with 1:34 :D

I had heard about how tough the Hell of the West was, but I still underestimated it.

First 200 results are up on the website now. Top notch organisation too.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

Really enjoyed the race yesterday, did it in 1'49.
    The organisation was fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

1 hr 50'49. My first time running this distance..
    A great day.. Great organization. The frequent water/energy drink/food spots were great..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

BTW: Anyone know how the manual timing system works? I did my own timing, I'm just curious.. I guess they're just using the time you cross the finish line (only crossed the starting line at 12:05pm).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Yea, I think that's the way the manual timing is done. They have my time down for 1:35:20 on the website. I clocked it myself at 1:34:02, which probaly would have placed me a few positions higher, but it was the time not the position I was worried about.

Just before I crossed the start line one of the race stewards shouted we were 1min 10 seconds behind. So I'd say it's the time you crossed the finishing line. There's no allowance made for starting a couple of hundred people/metres behind the start line.

Advertisement