Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quick question

• 30-03-2007 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

I'm considering getting the Elite when it launches over here and am wondering about Xbox Live. Do you have to buy the adapter for the connection or can you plug a Ethernet cable in the back? If so would the speeds be the same?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,224 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

There's an ethernet port at the back. If you want wireless it'll be about €100 for the official Xbox one, or a third the price for an eBay bought wireless bridge jobbie. I doubt the speeds would differ greatly, but I suppose it depends on how strong your wireless network is (wireless can be slower than wired at times).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

As RF said, you can just plug the Ethernet cable into the back.
    (You get a 5 meter Ethernet cable with the premium, not sure about the core or elite).
    I use wired broadband for my xbox live, as there is a connection in the same room as my TV, so it's easier than wireless for me.
    I've never had a problem with speeds, and in general wired broadband is going to be more stable, although that depends on your individual package.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

Thanks guys. I have a Wireless gateway with 4 ethernet ports so I'll stick to wired.

Advertisement