Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mediamonkey and vista

• 30-03-2007 12:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭

I am having a long standing battle with Vista editing permissions and tagging MP3's properly for itunes.

Basically Im trying to add album art to my mp3's so that itunes coverflow will give me a nice display.

No amount of internet searching has given me a solution , the add album art in itunes does not work ,itunes cannot be started with administrator permission and consequently cannot edit the files

I tried tunesleeves , that could not find my collection at all , I found out that the reason this happens is because of file permissions in Vista , the program needs to be run as administrator , however on doing this it finds the music , trys to add album art , and crashes out.

Media monkey is having similar problems , I can get the art into the display on mediamonkey , but when i save and re -open , the art is not there. Again I think this is down to editing permissions in vista

It all points to file permissions in vista , but I can find no solution ,

Can anyone help ,

By the way , I have all the art for all the albums on the computer , I just cannot get any editor to actually embed it into the MP3's , ( which was easily done in XP )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Are using the latest release didn't 7.1.1 fix some Vista compatibility issues ?

FYI I have 7.1.1 installed and no adding artwork problems at all & thats with UAC enabled.

Did you try setting the iTunes.exe properties for XP SP2 compatibility mode and run as administrator and see what happens ?

Did you upgrade from XP to Vista and keep iTunes inplace if so you need to repair permissions to it.

Although not related to you issue it may be worth installing anyway as MS released a patch for using the iPod under Vista.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Im running itunes 7.1.1 also , and the latest version of Mediamonkey and still cannot get the art to save.

I had UAC turned on and running mediamonkey in admin mode , however now Im running with UAC turned off , and it still wont do it.

The folder with the MP3,s was marked read only , when I go to change the properties from read only ( uncheck read only in properties dialog) and hit apply , a pop up screen shows and appears to change the properties of each file but when I close and go back in they are still read only ?

Does anyone know what Im doing wrong ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Yay , found a solution , itunes itself still doesnt work for me , and mediamonkey is not compatible yet with the UAC so cant save art in Vista , but works in XP ,

However this one works beautifully if you start it with admin access ,

http://www.maximized.com/shareware/icoverart/

Even better , this is exactly what I wanted , because I already had the music collection set up for XP MCE I had all my artwork saved as " folder.jpg" inside each album folder , and this little beauty of a program looks for exactly that and embeds em into the files for you.

It took about 3 hours to finish , but it was all done automatically with no help from me.
    Result at last :D

Advertisement