Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2006 census results published

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 LouiseIV

Victor wrote:
    But what would Ian say? Who are you to say that Ian isn't British?

Something tells me that Ian would not be altogether shocked to find a free state government classifying him as Irish.

Seriously though, isn't it a bit much that northerners should be classed as 'non-Irish'. Couldn't the CSO have come up with a more appropriate label to categorise them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

LouiseIV wrote:
    Actually he didn't, but if you can provide the quote showing where he used the word 'liar' I'd be more than willing to listen.

Not that it really matters to the subject but if you scroll back someone said was he implying they were lying or stupid at which point he said the first option (see bottom of this). I said you wouldn't need Ctrl-F to find it. You seem to have a different grasp on English then what I would expect.

You also quote something out of date. I would be very interested to see where he got his count from. Although China does define someone of Chinese origin as being Chinese even if they are a different nationality. So maybe that is where he is getting his figure from.

I would be interested to know where the 11k Chinese figure came from because I have just looked at the survey and it says 16,533 Chinese registered on the census. Also 35K of other Asian nationalities. Not to mention someone can look Chinese and be English/French/American for example which I suspect is where everything thinks "All the Chinese they see".

That 30k you pointed to is not an actual figure, it is an estimate. Seems well off the 60k mentioned yet both are supposed to come from the same sources?

I'm sure the CSO figures could of been a bit more accurate if the question was "Do you look Chinese?".

Indeed Hobbes-thank you for those clarifications in my absence.
    Locking this thread right now.

Louise iv-the discussion of moderation is not allowed in threads.
    Please read the charter.
    Any further transgressions will result in a ban.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement