Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Goldberg to TNA?

• 30-03-2007 3:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

I read this on some site:
    Bill Goldberg left the following note to Wrestling Observer Newsletter writer Dave Meltzer:

"Something is in the works as we speak for a wrestling PPV including me."

There's no way he'll be appearing at a WWE show due to bad blood between both parties. TNA, which had interest in him for a long time, has never met his asking price. If not TNA, then it would have to be some sort of start-up promotion, but we haven't heard anything about that. So well, the most likely scenerio would have to be TNA.

Goldberg has met with TNA President Dixie Carter before, but they are far apart on money. If he came in, it wouldn't be anything less than what Sting is getting, which is $500,000 a year.

If TNA are looking to get him in, I think it's a bad idea. I don't think that Goldberg carries much value as a wrestler anymore, certainly not to the point where he'd attract new viewers to TNA. If Kurt Angle and Sting can't increase ratings, then Goldberg won't do it

Maybe it could be some promoter looking to do a one-off ppv, or maybe it's just Goldberg messing around

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

ah man are we gonna have to go through the whole thing about fake news again?! i thought we were done with this after the Joey Mercury nonsense?!:confused:

Ok simple rule from now on... if you see a story on a random website that is saying something outlandish then there is a good chance it is untrue... If on the other hand it mentions the Wrestling Observer or Dave Meltzer and you go to www.wrestlingobserver.com and there is no mention of it, well then it is most definitely complete nonsense!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Its not fake. Its reported in this weeks observer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

if thats the case... my bad! appologies all round!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

If they got Goldberg in at the right price I guess he's worth a shot. The whole thing is how TNA would handle him.

Kurt Angle was never gonna launch TNA to the top but he should have given them a much greater push than he actually did. The reason it hasn't happened is how TNA have handled him. He's just another guy in TNA and I never thought I'd say that about Angle.

I could see money in a Samoa Joe Goldberg match if it was done right. But certainly Goldbergs value is only a fraction of what it was in 2001.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I see no value in Bill Goldberg. At least Kurt Angle can still wrestle but Goldberg has been away from action for three years.

Acquiring Goldberg in my opinion would take TNA further down the road of becoming WCW 2.
    Goldberg has met with TNA President Dixie Carter before, but they are far apart on money. If he came in, it wouldn't be anything less than what Sting is getting, which is $500,000 a year.

Sting to his credit has been content to put over new talent. Apparently he had to be talked out of putting over Abyss clean for Abyss' first title win. Would Bill Goldberg be like that?

If Goldberg will put over Samoa Joe then bring him in but if he's coming in simply to renew feuds with Scott Steiner and Sting then I think TNA should say hell no.

A character like Goldberg's is very limited. Are they gonna bring him in and have him destroy everyone on their roster and then disappear? Where's the pay-off for TNA?

• Advertisement
Advertisement