Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Band of Brothers Shipyard Destroyed: Contents Unknown

Options
  • 30-03-2007 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

From the Eve-O News Desk
    The conflict that has gripped New Eden escalated to a previously unseen level today during a coalition assault on a Band of Brothers capital shipyard in F-TE1T. An unprecedented array of capital ships were present during the attack and the Coalition lost dozens in the successful effort to take down the structure. The aftermath proved to be a salvager’s dream with a wasteland of wreckage left behind and both sides claiming victory.

When the explosions cleared, BoB had lost their tower and capital yard, along with anything that may have been inside. In return, the coalition lost at least forty capital ships, with estimates ranging as high as fifty-five. Regardless of the final figures, it marks the largest number of capital ships destroyed in a single engagement in the history of New Eden.
    From all available evidence the pro-BoB forces suffered zero capital ship losses during the engagement.

At first The Coalition insisted that the capital shipyard contained a titan in production, which would have been lost in the destruction of the tower. If this is true, it is the second titan that the Coalition has destroyed in such a fashion. However, it would appear that now they are backing off these claims, showing the insidious nature of this conflict where claim and counterclaim are bandied about with reckless abandon by all parties, showing how imperative it is to win the PR battle as much as the actual one.

Nevvyn, a representative of Dusk and Dawn Alliance, acknowledges the substantial capital losses, but also made it very clear that “the target was the POS, anything else was strictly secondary.” According to him, significant losses were expected and prepared for. He refused to comment on The Coalition’s next move, and when asked for a statement, replied that the actions in F-TE1T spoke loud enough.

On the subject of today’s plans, Nevvyn was more forthcoming, saying: “Very simply, both sides formed up well in advance, the target system of F-TE1T had been full of 150-200 hostile pod pilots since the early evening. Steps had been taken to prevent our entry into the system, although we had secured our entry well in advance.”

A single warp disruption field had been placed at the POS which upset The Coalition’s idea for a rapid exit, Nevvyn explained: “The plan itself was simple, jump in, engage the pos, destroy it, and then get out. Hit and Run tactics if you wish. The first part of the plan went exactly as intended, thanks to the skill, dedication and professionalism of our pod pilots. However, it seems that there were technical difficulties with the jump gates leading into F-TE1T and also with the jump portal on Emily (The D2 Titan), despite our best efforts, when it came to the "run" part, we could not get our support into system.”

Concluding the outcome from The Coalition’s point of view, Nevvyn was succinct: “The plan was executed well, the goal was achieved, the POS died. In the Capital Ship Assembly Array, we believe there was a Titan class ship building. As with everything, gaining intelligence about the opposition is not always an exact science, and it seems the opposition have taken appropriate steps to ensure that we cannot verify our claim.”

On the other side of the conflict, Shrike, BoB Avatar pilot and close friend of SirMolle, remains confident saying: “The Coalition is now on its knees without a capital fleet. The train has hit a brick wall. They just rolled the dice, off the table in a wild gamble. I hope they think the gamble was worth it because now they don’t have a backbone.”

To give an idea of the scale of the engagement Shrike added: “We had about 2000 pilots involved tonight in various ops all over, all for the purpose of killing the capital fleet. And the capital fleet is dead.”

Meanwhile, the war continues on. Seleene, executor of the Mercenary Coalition (MC), also granted IC an interview after the battle. The MC has openly acknowledged that it is under contract from the Band of Brothers and is assisting them in the war effort, and dozens of MC ships were present in the area of F-TE1T during the fight. According to Seleene, MC’s current focus is to combine forces with BoB allies in order to achieve ‘short-term goals’. She refused to go into details with regard to what these goals were.

Summing up the battle, Seleene added an interesting point of view to events, saying: “While it's true The Coalition succeeded in their goal tonight, no group can sustain those sort of losses over and over again simply to eliminate one target.”

Sesfan Qu'lah of Goonfleet insisted: “(Our) morale is absolutely fine, most of us didn't even get to fight and we want another chance. Titans are so powerful that nobody can afford
    not to attack them while they're building.”

The strike represents a huge gamble on the part of The Coalition, but with a very large potential payoff. As Sesfan indicated, his side could not ignore the opportunity although responding to claims the losses had derailed operations, Nevvyn stated: “The war is still very much growing, a very slow but relentless movement.”

In the end, the deciding factor of the victor in the battle comes down to what was really building inside that tower’s capital array. As of the writing of this article, there has been no definitive confirmation by any party of what, if anything, was inside. The capsuleer community is forced to wait for BoB to divulge that knowledge, and if sources prove accurate, the much-anticipated answer will be coming within the next few days from BoB’s leadership.

Whether or not this battle will prove to be a turning point, remains to be seen, it is, however, destined to go down as one of the most memorable in New Eden history.!

I wonder what was in the pos.... :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

I just find all this intelligence and counter-intelligence stuff simply fascinating. I think I'm gonna try and train to be a super sneaky cloak n dagger spy child. Yes. That is my new goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

teeheeheehee i know something you dont know
    gg bob :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Sorta screams bob trap that went very well for them very well indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

When the explosions cleared, BoB had lost their tower and capital yard, along with anything that may have been inside. In return, the coalition lost at least forty capital ships, with estimates ranging as high as fifty-five

But...but thats impossible...

My jaw literally dropped open when I read that.

And yeah, I really hope that that wasn't a BoB trap to lure the Capital fleet out.

they lost 46 capital ships, 38 dreads and 8 carriers. then they lost 2 dreads today that logged during that battle.

• Advertisement

Has there been an official announcement yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

SirMolle did an announcement that there was a Titan in the yard today - deliberately chosen date to feed tinfoil hattery Id imagine. He then posted a photoshopped image dated a day after the battle that seemed to be a deliberately bad attempt to show there was nothing in the yard.

Basically - there was a Titan there and BoB are simply making the best they can out of it by not admitting it and casting as much doubt as they can. They dont win anything by saying "Yes, you got the baby titan". So long as they dont confirm theres always that question mark. If there wasnt a Titan there and it was some elabourate trap, then BoB would be rushing to the forums straight away with the evidence they would have prepared before the battle. Thatd be the whammy - you guys lost 50 capitals, and you got nothing! But they havent done that, draw your own conclusions.

The Coalition on the other hand cant explain why they knew there was a Titan there without compromising their source. But I dont believe BoB the only alliance that uses spies.

All in all though, the coalition might be better able to take 50 cap ship losses than BoB would - but given lag etc etc, they need to consider breaking into 4 or 5 major fleets and co-ordinating to take down POS's simultaneously. 1000vs 1000 battles just arent possible.

sigh.

There was a ship in it... a mothership. thats it. the shipyard was leaked as having a titan for 2 reasons.

1. to flush out the spy
    2. to set a trap for the coalition cap fleet(i heard about this trap in feb)

it may be a victory for the coalition in that they obtained their objective, but the cost was prohibitivly high and bob had every intention of losing that pos/yard.

so bob lose something they had planned to lose, coalition killed something they planned to kill. thats a draw.

bob wipe out a massive chunk of capital assets = score 1 for bob.

ive spoken to a few people from the north who are planning on backing out of the coalition after that victory.

God I'm so confused... so SirMolle said there WAS a titan, but there wasn't?

See one really doesn't know what to believe, though you'd assume the BoB chappies would prove what was in the pos.

jaggeh wrote:
    There was a ship in it... a mothership. thats it. the shipyard was leaked as having a titan for 2 reasons.

But what about this comment:
    Sand wrote:
    If there wasnt a Titan there and it was some elabourate trap, then BoB would be rushing to the forums straight away with the evidence they would have prepared before the battle. Thatd be the whammy - you guys lost 50 capitals, and you got nothing! But they havent done that, draw your own conclusions.

• Advertisement

check the forums now

it turns out the coalition hit the wrong pos lawl.

the mothership was in the other one, the one they killed was empty after all. that i didnt know.

Bob have been looking for a way to bleed coalition forces for ages and this was ideal.

Honestly the Eve Forums scare me. They're so large and filled with hate.

So it was empty eh? Well... that's a major blow to the coalition. Fair play to BoB, I kinda figured BoB would be much better at this sort of tight intelligence type stuff then the coalition, since the coalition is a coalition. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

So it was empty eh? Well... that's a major blow to the coalition. Fair play to BoB, I kinda figured BoB would be much better at this sort of tight intelligence type stuff then the coalition, since the coalition is a coalition. :)

The Eve forums are full of bull****, cheerleaders, misinformation and propaganda. You're better off not to read them imo. Shifting through pages of utter **** and e-peen waving to find the truth is tiresome.

Even though I'm technicially part of the coalition, I couldn't care less about war from a political viewpoint anymore. I just enjoy the pvp, but even thats pretty ****ty, blob warfair = major lag and you end up waking up in a staion without a clue what happened cause your computer was running 1 frame a minute and you mods wouln't activate anyway. Ain't that a great feeling considering the horrible hours of boring **** you had to go through to buy that ship + mods. Similarly if you can get the jump on the enemy and start winning, its all lock and hope your mods activate, so you can get a kill mail and show if off cause you're all sorts of uber, 'hey guys I pointed and clicked ph34r my 1337 skillz'. This has turned onto a rant, I once thought this war was the best thing to happen to Eve, now I think it's the worst.

I'm starting my own corp that will go to shoot at things in low sec for a while (mostly lightly just me and an alt or two), then I'll take lenthly break, or just quit, doubtful I'll come back to a ****ty community that makes CSS players look like Einstein.

(No offence to anyone out there that plays CSS, but you know what I mean).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Told you when you joined an alliance it wouldnt be fun.........

Also you quit and ill track you down i swear it ¬_¬

kyp_durron wrote:
    The Eve forums are full of bull****, cheerleaders, misinformation and propaganda. You're better off not to read them imo. Shifting through pages of utter **** and e-peen waving to find the truth is tiresome.

Even though I'm technicially part of the coalition, I couldn't care less about war from a political viewpoint anymore. I just enjoy the pvp, but even thats pretty ****ty, blob warfair = major lag and you end up waking up in a staion without a clue what happened cause your computer was running 1 frame a minute and you mods wouln't activate anyway. Ain't that a great feeling considering the horrible hours of boring **** you had to go through to buy that ship + mods. Similarly if you can get the jump on the enemy and start winning, its all lock and hope your mods activate, so you can get a kill mail and show if off cause you're all sorts of uber, 'hey guys I pointed and clicked ph34r my 1337 skillz'. This has turned onto a rant, I once thought this war was the best thing to happen to Eve, now I think it's the worst.

I'm starting my own corp that will go to shoot at things in low sec for a while (mostly lightly just me and an alt or two), then I'll take lenthly break, or just quit, doubtful I'll come back to a ****ty community that makes CSS players look like Einstein.

I think you need to shut up and take some valium..............oh wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

kyp_durron wrote:

Thats exactly why I left LV and took a break from EVE. It was craptastic beyond belief, constant call to arms, constant freighter runs (60 jumps round trip with a freighter watching for an RA logonski makes your eyes bleed).... and all so we could sit on a gate, SS, POS etc and when the baddies turn up you sit staring at a black screen for hours .... and bigeejit ALWAYS got popped early on

Blob warfare = some of the worst eve gameplay there is, in fact I prefer a mining op or the dreaded freighter run to massive blobbage

Darc if you go who'll he whip and beat when he's angry? He's already lost too many of his various scratching posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

kyp_durron wrote:

You play CSS you knob end.

I think Eve has the finest community of any MMO out there. Just because theres all this politics flying around doesn't make the community any less excellent. You may hate the gameplay, hate the politics and lol drama or hate the tactics needed to win large wars but dammit don't blame that on the community.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

All I can say about the coalition leadership is....What. The. ****.

Im not part of the coalition [Thank Christ I say at this point], but its an amazing lesson that you can have a kajillion SP, fly Titans, summon hundreds to your warfleets and lead huge alliances - and still be a complete noob.

It simply defies belief theyd have suicide jumped in 50 capitals with pilots packing billions of implants and not *cast iron* complete *know* there was a Titan there.

Even then, its stupid given lag, given they should have sent support in first, but you could see where they were coming from. But why, how, who the feck though it was worth risking practically their entire cap fleet on what seems to have been faulty intel and how the **** did they manage to persuade every other alliance to join the suicide pact? Why are idiots always such charming gits? I dont think this is a deathknell for the Coalition, becuase 50 caps for the coalition is no worse than the 5 BoB lost earlier. But with a leadership that dullwitted they havent a hope of anything more than penning BoB in through sheer weight of numbers.

I've got to say, this is the silliest thing I've seen in online gaming ever since that really bad, all out ridiculously terrible CTF clan I played in UT.

Tell me about it, I had to wade through 6 pages of ****e before someone saw fit to post actual useful info on why it seemed likely there was no Titan there.

Maddzy wrote:
    You play CSS you knob end.

I think Eve has the finest community of any MMO out there. Just because theres all this politics flying around doesn't make the community any less excellent. You may hate the gameplay, hate the politics and lol drama or hate the tactics needed to win large wars but dammit don't blame that on the community.

I was tired and pissed off when I wrote that rant, I had to listen to a load of bull**** from the alliance. Although if I don't like parts the community then that's fair enough, I have the right to my opinion and all that, so you can't tell me how to feel about it.

I think the point is there is many different sides to eve and I got invovled in one that really doesn't suit my style of play ie: alliances and the poltics that go with them and this is my own fault, but hell I made some isk.

But I agree the commuinty is great, I wouldn't have played the game this long if it wasn't, but it does seem to me like all the ****tards go to the forums. Take for example the ship fitting guides, they are a cluster****, people flaming left and right about fitting a ship ffs and of course CAOD but thats to be expected I guess.

Anywho I'll go back to empire and chat to people in stations for a while, hardcore style :D I can tell people about the time I was caught wacking off behind a box of hula hoops in texaco when I was 13 with the aid of a elastic band and all will be good again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,338 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Reading stuff like this makes me really want to start playing Eve, but the whole thing is just so intimidating. Plus, I don't think my life could cope with both Eve and WoW.

Reading stuff like this makes me really want to start playing Eve, but the whole thing is just so intimidating. Plus, I don't think my life could cope with both Eve and WoW.

well thats a simple issue then. quit wow. it will never be as fulfilling as eve is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

but Darc, i post on the forums =p , am i a ****tard ? :D

R0ot wrote:
    but Darc, i post on the forums =p , am i a ****tard ? :D

Do I have to answer that? :p

Wow, I should really stop playing music and start playing Eve again.. I'm missing out.

So wait a sec Darc... aren't we in the same corp? Does that mean I'm somehow now in the coalition or did you jump ship to some other corp, ya rat bastid :p

Ugh... I'm scared to log on and read all the alliance mail, but I'm pretty sure I only put on a 2day skill... and that was THREE DAYS AGO!!?!?!?!? Aeeeiiii!

Why behind the hula hoops Darcie, why the hula hoops?

Were ya using them the way some african tribes use those neck rings? Was elongation and support your goal? Was it darcie, was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Renesco

I was there \o/

I was at JV1V for the abortion of LV's titan and i was at this abortion too.

it was a laaag fest but at least the node held

some screenshots from the night

http://img340.imageshack.us/my.php?image=20070330003631zq3.jpg

http://img59.imageshack.us/my.php?image=20070329211254id9.jpg

\o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Renesco

kyp_durron wrote:

I also back darc on this one, there are so many people that take eve so seriously its retarded, when i first started eve i was like 'wow i can do anything and have this sandbox to play with'

these days eve is a shoot-em-up to me, nothing more, and although i play eve a lot its still just a videogame and has no relevence on reality.

so all the e-peen 'my internets stuff is better than your internets stuff' people out there can go **** themselves tbh, I'll come and blow up your expensive crap with a cheap rifter or stabber then slag you about it and smack in local

but but but you blew up my cheap internet stuff too!

jerk.

Advertisement