Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamestop Trade in Deal

• 30-03-2007 10:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭

Current deal in Gamestop for 360 games:

Trade in two games and get a new release for €9.99. I asked about the resale value of the traded in games and they said they'd take anything. It was a bit late for me though: having traded two into GAME I got Lost Planet for €26 :(

Still, worthwhile if you want to get rid of your first wave titles...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Yeah, this is pretty cool. I was told by a girl who works there that they even take pre-owned games (by that I mean that they were second hand when you bought them) and also games that come in bundles that are labelled not for re-sale (I gave back the project gotham racing that came with my xbox). It's a great deal if you've got games you no longer play.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Moussdog

I don't f***in believe it some p**ck in gamestop told me exactly the opposite. 'Nope can't take the game with not for re-sale on it'. Smyths took it but it meant I couldn't take advantage of this offer. The other weird thing was gamestop would take games without the booklet while Smyths wouldn't??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

get a new game for €4.99 with any two chart ps2 or xbox 360 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

xtravision are have a similar offer, heard it on the radio this morning on the way in to work but was half asleep. Its trade in any 2 360 games and get a new one for €9.99. I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Well I traded in two Wii (Red Steel and Super Monkey Ball) games in Extravision on wednesday, and got €80 for the two!
    I was hoping for around €50, and was pleasantly surprised.
    Ended up buying Ultimate Alliance for my 360 as well!:D
    They had some deal where you get 20% extra on your trade-ins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Can I trade in games from Play-Asia?
    The majority of my games come from there

They had some deal where you get 20% extra on your trade-ins.
    Thats right, Xtravision give you 20% more on your trade-ins than anywhere else, my local Gamestop is a joke, they give you nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Scruff wrote:
    xtravision are have a similar offer, heard it on the radio this morning on the way in to work but was half asleep. Its trade in any 2 360 games and get a new one for €9.99. I think

they've had that going for a while now, but it's not all 360 games, it's newer ones... and on their own for the most part newer releases get you about €40 trade-in value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

"Can I trade in games from Play-Asia?"

- I dont see why not , i dont think your average XtraVision worker will know the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

unless you try to trade in crackdown or Gears of War, both of which have chinese writing on the cover for the asian versions.

• Advertisement
Advertisement