Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Harvey Norman coming??

• 30-03-2007 12:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know if there is any truth in the rumour that Harvey Norman is to go into one of the retail units being built on the Six Cross Roads? If so, are they any good, I have never been in one.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

They are the same as any big store you find in those retail parks only they make a bigger song and dance about it than most.

Never have bought anything from them furniture wise but there isnt much difference in the prices of their electrical appliances compared to DID or Currys up here in Dublin.

Might shake K&D's and SoundStore up a little when all their business goes elsewhere for their toasters and fridges though.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

Funny I heard it was DID that was going out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I suspect we'll know if and when they arrive.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Well, we could certainly use another electronics and computer store in Waterford, and it might just make PC World employ people that actually know something about the computers they sell asside from, you might want Norton AV, and Office Premium :rolleyes: .

But what Waterford really needs, is a Virgin Megastores, and a good cinema, say a Ster Century?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

it might just make PC World employ people that actually know something about the computers they sell asside from, you might want Norton AV, and Office Premium :rolleyes: .

To be fair they have to pimp crap like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Mossy Monk wrote:
    To be fair they have to pimp crap like that.
    True, especially since that is all they stock. But, it would be nice to go in, and have staff that know a little more about the machines and products they sell, not everyone who shops their is a dumbass. About the only things I buy their are consumables, like printer cartriges and cheap copy-paper. For all my hardware, I go to Waterford Microsystems, they guy in their often gives me a discount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

I was in Harvey Normans in Swords and the prices are nothing to get excited about. Granted - huge selection and quick credit....but you pay for it. There was a DID (I think) next door to it and they were WAY cheaper. I hope it is DID.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

True, especially since that is all they stock. But, it would be nice to go in, and have staff that know a little more about the machines and products they sell, not everyone who shops their is a dumbass. About the only things I buy their are consumables, like printer cartriges and cheap copy-paper. For all my hardware, I go to Waterford Microsystems, they guy in their often gives me a discount.

Where abouts are Waterford Microsystems based ? First time I've heard of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

who gives a toss about Harvey Norman?? Don't be taken in by the incessant radio ads, they are not very cheap at all! There is one in Cork and it is just on par with the other electrical shops (PC World and Curry's is cheaper) and their furniture section is pricey to be honest. The staff are not very friendly and a lot of them don't know much about the goods they are selling. Back to Oz for Harvey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Bards

c - 13 wrote:
    Where abouts are Waterford Microsystems based ? First time I've heard of them.

On the Mall..been there since the 80's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

On the subject of Harvey Norman, have a listen to this (from 98 FM breakfast show in Dublin).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

fricatus wrote:
    On the subject of Harvey Norman, have a listen to this (from 98 FM breakfast show in Dublin).

heheh. :)

Gow Harvey Gow. Doesn't really work with the D4 accent on the girl. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

do you guys pleasure yourself with ikea catalogue in the toilet ala fight club?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭mad man

No but don't worry if you do.I'm sure your not the only one who likes to stick the pages of catalogues together with home made glue;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

In some places Ikea is the difference between a furnished apartment and an empty apartment with no lights... :eek: (Furniture is otherwise expensive.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

As far as I am aware yes Harvey will be coming to Wahurford bhouy. I can't say how I am aware at the minute, but if I can I will let ye know in the next few weeks.

Advertisement