Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newish idea - map of Irish ranges

Options
  • 30-03-2007 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭

Okay, it's not really a new idea, I'm ripping it off Joe Conroy's Irish Target Shooting Clubs page, but mine looks fancier :D

Irish Ranges Map

All I need now is to add clubs - anyone got latitude and longitude figures or addresses for clubs? Post them here and I'll put them in...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

class idea :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Indeed. Wish it was mine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭demonloop

54°15'18.70"N

5°48'53.75"W

Ballykinler outdoor range, looks great on google earth

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Are you gonna add in all of the ranges?

Tis Nice, But Joe's one is more browser friendly and oldschool.
    (Although I dont think he updates his page too often)
    For people like myself who surf during working hours behind surfwatch/firewalls
    it does not display on my Solaris/Unix system running firefox.

Works fine from Firefox via PC where I have permissions to install anything
    extra like java or plugins etc.

~B

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 176 ✭✭Leupold

East Coast Shooting Club

53' 02' 48.74'' N
    6' 12' 16.51'' W

• Advertisement

bullets wrote:
    Are you gonna add in all of the ranges?
    Might as well. I can add them in in different colours and with different icons to signify rifle/pistol/shotgun/NTSA/NASRC/ICPSA/IPSA/whatever ranges and I can just set up a domain name redirect to give it a single web address instead of the complicated one it has now if we get enough data into it.
    Tis Nice, But Joe's one is more browser friendly and oldschool.
    True, but it's actually less work to add bits in this one. And you can't zoom or pan in Joe's. And Joe's can't give you driving instructions (which I can set up with this one).

However, the map coverage of google maps outside the dublin area isn't great; so I might see about converting to yahoo maps or map24 in future. That won't affect the data though, so keep the locations rolling in.
    For people like myself who surf during working hours behind surfwatch/firewalls
    it does not display on my Solaris/Unix system running firefox.
    That'll be the google maps bit. Can you turn on javascript in your browser? It's not something you need to install, just turn on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Would it work on virtual earth? That seems to have very good coverage of areas outside the pale.

It's not bad civ, I hadn't seen that one before now. But Yahoo Maps has about the same level of coverage, and isn't all proprietary and closed off. I might try that one first. The software behind the scenes is seperating the location data from the map that's displaying it so in theory it ought to be easy enough :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

However, the map coverage of google maps outside the dublin area isn't great; so I might see about converting to yahoo maps or map24 in future. That won't affect the data though, so keep the locations rolling in.

Sparks,
    At the moment ,they are pretty much one and the same.I use them for GPS tracking,and once you are outside the cities,it is pretty much still Here be Dragons type mapping.Doing well,if we can get it within 200 meters.Until we get postal codes sorted out The Boonies will stay that way.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭SpringerF

52 16 29.98 N
    8 37 08.62 W

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭Mech1

Bisley
    51°18'.693"N
    000°39'.171"W

DRC
    53°12.208'N
    006°25'374"W

Fingal
    53°37'422"N
    006°12'505"W

FRC
    52°08'321"
    008°26'032"W

Hilltop
    53°05'586"N
    006°09'821"W

Naul
    53°33'721"N
    006°15'463"W

Midlands
    53°14'265"N
    007°40'180"W

Rathdrum
    52°55'854"N
    006°13'978"W

BRC

sorry posted twice by mistake!! I have shot at all clubs listed and recorded position on GPS for help if i need to return in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kiwijbob

court lough

53°34'10.04"N
    6°11'48.93"W

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭babybundy

SpringerF are you a member of mallow

Advertisement