Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Broadband with BT?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Cost of Broadband with BT?
    Can you really put a price on your sanity?

Seriously though, decrypting a BT bill requires someone with the brain of Stephen Hawking, to be in possession of a super computer and have the patience of Jobe. I still don't know what all the discounts mean on my bill, but it does work out right.

If you changed your package within this two month billing period then part of the bill could be relating to the old one and part for the new one. This could result in the amount you have. Can you post up all the amount details from the bill?

Mine goes something like this for 3M with line rental (should be €50 a month so €100 for 2 months)
    Line Rental  	39.96
    International 	0.74
    All Ireland 	1.67
    Broadband Option 3 Two Monthly Rental Fee 	70.24
    Broadband & Line Rental Discount 	-23.44
    Other charges and credits 	0.00
    Total Discounts Received 	-4.13
    Total Charges (ex. VAT) 	85.04
    VAT @ 21.0% 	17.86
    Total Charges this period (incl. VAT) 	102.90

What exactly the Total Discounts Received -4.13 is in relation to I have no idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

jor el wrote:
    What exactly the Total Discounts Received -4.13 is in relation to I have no idea?
    Online billing discount afaik. 2.50 p/m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

jor el wrote:
    If you changed your package within this two month billing period then part of the bill could be relating to the old one and part for the new one. This could result in the amount you have. Can you post up all the amount details from the bill?
    Telephone  	4.22

Ireland Mobile 	67.35

International Mobile 	0.09

International 	1.89

All Ireland 	6.50

Other Call Types 	2.86

Broadband Option 2 Two Monthly Rental Fee 	53.72

Other charges and credits 	0.00

Total Discounts Received 	0.00

Total Charges (ex. VAT) 	136.63

VAT @ 21.0% 	28.69

Total Charges this period (incl. VAT) 	165.32

No mention of line rental there actually.

I've e-mailed BT but I won't hold my breath waiting for a reply.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

You spent €68 (minus VAT) on mobil calls?...no wonder your bill is so high. For the last four billing periods my broadband has never been over €40 (incl VAT) for each two monthly period.

Yeah...i'm paying 40 quid every two months.

Advertisement