Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent stock of PC games?

Options
  • 30-03-2007 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭

Is the PC games market gone arseways totally? Gamestop's PC games section is muck, PC world seem to have hardly any anymore and HMV/Virgin are very poor as well....is there anywhere that stock loads of PC games any more? Edit: In Dublin! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

pclancy wrote:
    Is the PC games market gone arseways totally? Gamestop's PC games section is muck, PC world seem to have hardly any anymore and HMV/Virgin are very poor as well....is there anywhere that stock loads of PC games any more? Edit: In Dublin! :)

The Internet...

Or GAME is the best I have found...But I agree with you, most are absolute rubbish!!!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Probably because you can get most stuff 40% cheaper on t'interweb.

Probably would be the similar for music, except that everyone who plays games by definition has a PC and is probably more PC literate and more likely to shop online. Plus you're probably more likely to go in looking for a specific game, whereas with music you're more likely to end up browsing and picking up something else.

[I swore I'd never buy another game in a Dublin shop Christmas before last, when my gf bought me a present that was too high spec for my PC. Returned it the week after Christmas, sealed, and they wouldn't refund it. Not that they had to, but I would have expected that to happen a lot around Christmas and it would have been a decent gesture.]

e.g. Stalker: Eur 23.49 online. At least 50% more anywhere in Dublin. It's worth waiting 5 days at that saving

Advertisement