Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South City School of Motoring

Options
  • 30-03-2007 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Failure to supply goods or services after receipt of payment.

I got some vouchers for Christmas for some driving lessons.

I have to say I am completely disatisfied with the service from this company. They forgot my lesson date, they were late on the next day of the lesson. I got 45 minutes instead of an hour, during which time the driver spent a considerable amount of time on the phone texting someone and I got very little instruction. The driver cancelled the next lesson 15 minutes before it was due to start and told me that he didn't accept vouchers. The school told me he shouldn't have done that, I explained what happened on the lesson, they promissed to ring me the next day to sort out more lessons. Three weeks later I ring them. I book a lesson and they tell me that I am booked. I explain to them what happened the last time and if I could get a lesson for free as compensation or in gratitude to make up for the lack of customer service and lack of instruction and lack of time actually driving. I was told there and then that my lesson was cancelled and the reason being that I was being "awkward", and that I wouldn't get another booking until "I had calmed down". I wasn't even angry or impolite on the phone, I was very passive. I asked for a refund only to be told that I won't get a full refund and one lesson will be deducted.

Bear in mind all this started in February, I hadn't heard anything for 3 weeks on the matter.

I have written a formal complaint to the Consumer Association of Ireland outlining the details and I have C.C'd the School of Motoring.

I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem with this particular School of Motoring?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Give them seven days to respond to a final demand, then put a claim in on the small claims website (cost is just €15)
    http://www.courts.ie/courts.ie/library3.nsf/pagecurrent/FA1612690A8F33978025720A00338FE7

Then use a recognised driving school who is a member of the Irish Driving Instructors association (voluntary code)

From next year all driving instructors will need an instructors licence as it is at last being regulated. Irish School of Motoring in Ranelagh & Dundrum areas are very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

Thanks very much for the info. I'll definitely do it if I haven't got my full refund in 10 working days I will be seeking legal advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

What is the monetary value of 1 lesson? You should consider taking the refund being offered and putting it down to experience rather than the hassle involved in going to the SCC. I appreciate that it may be the principle of the thing and not the money, but there comes a point where you should walk away.

Let plenty of people know about your experiences with the company and this will cost them more in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

You may have a problem in the SCC. You aren't the person who bought the lessons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 angiek

I am sorry that you had such a bad experience with South City School of Motoring. I have recently taken over as the owner of this driving school (since December 2008) and can't really comment on what has happened previous to this but I would like to say that this is not the way I conduct business and am fully committed to providing a quality service which puts the customers (pupil's) needs first. All vouchers are valid for six months and once redeemed within this period we do all we can to be flexible in providing the lessons. From time to time there may be the need to re-schedule lessons but we would make sure that this is done with the maximum of notice time and taking into account the personal circumstances of the pupil.

I'm sure you will appreciate that I wanted to reply to your comments as I want South City to have a good reputation and we rely a lot on recommendations from satisfied pupils to continue our business successfully.

All of our instructors are now qualified and registered with the Road Safety Authority.

Many thanks

Angela Kelly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

angiek - If you wish to promote your business on boards, then please contact the administrators prior to posting.

Thread closed.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement