Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy Flame Weeder/Weed Wand ?

Options
  • 30-03-2007 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I'm looking around for a flame weeder, I've been to B&Q/Atlantic and good few garden centres and I've had no luck getting one. Any ideas where I might find one ?
    There fairly simple device, I've attached a picture just so you can see what they look like, as for what they do, its basically a mini-flame-thrower.

The reason I want to try and get one is for my parents, they have a large garden with the bed's totalling around 60+ square meters (not incl. lawns), and my mother is going around on her knees trying to keep them weed free.

She's getting to a stage where I wouldn't want her to be doing that if at all possible, the father is worse though, he straps on a sprayer and ends up killing half the stuff my mothers been trying to grow.

Thanks
    Muineach

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭darraghn

Argos have them - but be aware that they are only for paths. If you use it on a gargen bed it will sterilise the soil and render it useless for growing anthing! I have one and it does work very well on paths - lots of fun too:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Muineach

Well when I say bed's, I meant more of the shrub type rather than bedding plants, plus we have some plants that are self seeder (lupins) that start to grow all over the place (i know i should cut off the flowers before they seed but you never get them all).
    So can you get the gas canisters easily ? or is a bit of an ordeal ?
    Thanks
    Muineach

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭darraghn

I haven't had to buy one yet - but I was told that woodies/B&Q have them.

Advertisement