Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bartending courses!

Options
  • 30-03-2007 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭

Hey, I'm really interested in doing a Bartending course after I leave school. I'm interested in the Tourism sectar but I don't know what college course I want to do.

I'd really like to do a training course in bar skills, that qualifies me to get a job in a bar, restaurant, hotel etc. I've been reading up on one at Failte Ireland. It's a 13 week course and by the looks of it you actually get paid to do it (I could be misinterpeting the whole grant thing though..) because it's a full time course!!!

Anyone have any experience in this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

IT Tallaght do a bar management course. Details here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭justagirlinabar

Hey, I'm really interested in doing a Bartending course after I leave school. I'm interested in the Tourism sectar but I don't know what college course I want to do.

I'd really like to do a training course in bar skills, that qualifies me to get a job in a bar, restaurant, hotel etc. I've been reading up on one at Failte Ireland. It's a 13 week course and by the looks of it you actually get paid to do it (I could be misinterpeting the whole grant thing though..) because it's a full time course!!!

Anyone have any experience in this?

i would'nt take a 13 week course unless i were being payed. the skills you need can easily be learned in 6 if you have any aptitude for it. bartending is very much an on the job training thing. you will never stop learning recipes no need to try and learn them all before you start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 GerryH

My advice Killaqueen .... go for it....Failte Ireland courses are widely respected in tourism industry and you will have excellent employment opportunities

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Thanks for the support - I've always wanted to be able to make cocktails as well...you know like in the movies where the bartenders throw the shakers up and then catch them and pour the stuff into a row of glasses lined up! Hehe..

I'm not naive though, I want a job in a bar anyway and it seems like a cool course to do. I think I'll take a year out after my Leaving Cert and do it with Failte Ireland and then do a college course afterwards (in what, I don't know!)

Thanks for the encouragement as well, GerryH!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DaniiCash

Hi im wondering is there any bar course in cork.

• Advertisement
Advertisement