Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prem Weekend Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

vidic will be a massive loss, especilay with neville, evra and silvestre injured. i still think united will win this, not playing great and blackburn are a very frustrating team to play against, but we can lift it. ole to be the hero today coming off the bench ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Blackburn are playing good football. McCarthy and Pedersen are linking up well and Derbyshire is on the look out for any lucky breaks that may fall his way.

I still think Rovers need two to win this though. I've a feeling United will score.

Vidic is a huge loss to United. He's their best defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Ferdinand - What a f*cking idiot. Absolutely lashes the ball into the crowd in frustration from near the byline which hits a woman in one of the first few rows.

Don't want to go off on a tangent but he's exactly what's wrong with football. Overpaid, and doesn't give a crap about anyone but himself. Anyone remember his contract negotiations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Rio nearly murdered some lady in the crowd. that would of been painful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Scholes is just pure class.

He oozes it.

blackburn have pissed this away. Terrible second half from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

WPOY Paul Scholes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

What was Dunn doing there? :eek: That man shouldnt be let near a ball.

Utd will win this 2 or 3-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

A ha ha ha ha. Giggs does it again. What is it with him and open goals?

Doesn't matter. United will win this comfortably anyway, unless there are major changes from Blackburn soon.

• Advertisement

Ronaldo wreaking havoc there.

Nice slotted finish by Carrick.

someone needs to tell blackburn the aim of the game is too keep hold of the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Blackburn are 11 headless chickens in search of a football.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

as usual, utd play their best stuff when 1-0 down.

it's always been the way. Pity it doesn't happen all the time, when utd go 1-0 down early on in a match, i'm always quietly pleased :)

ronaldo & scholes are the difference.

Should have been a pen, but the free kick was an absolute rocket.

And on comes on Solskjaer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Bent peno for Charlton. They'll stay up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Passport

The commentator on rte2 is so pro United it is disgraceful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Thanks for turning up the second half blackburn.

4-1. Ole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Blackburn really should have stayed for the whole match instead of going home at half time. :)

Sly dig from Geoff Shreeves on SS? " Darren Bent does it again, not fit enough for England but fit enough for Charlton". Bit harsh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Blackburn imploded in that 2nd half, shambles.

Great second half display, another 4 goals and 3 points closer to the league. To be honest, Blackburn were awful and didnt deserve anything, united had 4 or 5 more great chances and once one went in, it was a massacre. bar the goal, did van der sar have much else to do? absolutely nothing.

Delighted to see ole score(the best ratio of goals per minute played in top flight this year?!) 11 goals, 7 in the premiership and he has played very little games. only downside was vidic, a massive massive blow,suspected broken collarbone.we need neville and evra back asap. we have no cover in defense otherwise. craig cathcart is next in line as everybody else is out on loan, wonder would johnny evans be worth a recall?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Oh that was enjoyable, very very enjoyable :)
    Incredible from United in the second half, Blackburn held out well for 15 minutes, but United's sheer attacking force was just great :)
    That was just incredible from the UNited in the second half, such a massive win.
    Scholes scored a Roy Keane eskque goal, just when United needed it.
    Ronaldo played incredible again, involved in two of the goals, and was a constant threat. Only good player from United in the first half, and then the team joined him in the second.

Rooney is still not himself, not playing to the level he was at last season. But he is still showing the glimpses, getting in the positions, he just has to put one away, and he'll put away ten. That said, for him playing crap, he has 12 goals and 10 assist this season. Hopefully he can pick it up for the end of the season.

----

The relegation battle is getting incredible.
    Pardew and Curbs are finally having the effect they intended when they took over, and currently, I think Charlton look like they are going to stay up, and Wigan might get pulled down too the way its looking.
    Gona be very interesting

Come on chelsea make the goal difference a non issue beat watford 16-0
    well heres to hoping anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Super Alan Pardew, now only one point behind Sheffield United with the same amount of games played!

im hopeful of a 0-0 in the watford v chelsea game, foster to do us a favour. arsenal and united have both had narrow 2-1 wins there this season and while you expect chelsea to win, anything can happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Hurray for Tevez! 3 goals in 3 matches. Roll on number 4.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Passport wrote:
    Come on chelsea make the goal difference a non issue beat watford 16-0
    well heres to hoping anyway!

Well they will have a lot of work to do in the second half. It 0-0 at the break and watford having 55% of the play according to the bbc website

yeah I'd say the united result was a big blow for the players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

nightmare, i can see this ending 0-0

i like the watford fans chanting to Mourinho anyway "your gonna get sacked in the summer" :D:D

Chelsea are throwing caution to the wind, I just hope Watford can score a goal, cause Chelsea will score if they keep up this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

A Man Utd statement released earlier says that it looks like Vidic's injury is a dislocated shoulder rather than a broken collar bone, as was previously suspected. Still gonna be out for a few weeks though (can't remember the estimate). Gettin a bit ridiculous here! Sylvestre, Neville, Evra, now Vidic! Who's next to go?!

Blackburn were fairly relentless today... Kept on the pressure for most of the game, although they weren't particularly dangerous. Great performance from Ronaldo (as usual) and Scholes, poor performance from Rooney. He had 2 or 3 sitters that the keeper just got to, and on a good day outa him, they'd be in the back of the net.

I was sh*tting it for the first half after that goal :D But Scholes set us back on track ;) Cool, calm, precise goal from the legend.

• Advertisement

4 minutes to decide the title :)

DaveMcG wrote:
    Gettin a bit ridiculous here! Sylvestre, Neville, Evra, now Vidic! Who's next to go?!
    Be grateful that Ronaldo and Scholes have been fit all season.

Title race is effectively over . . .

Ha, typical chelsea :)

lovely!

who ever made that tackle in the middle before the goal should get man of the match, super stuff

Goal for Chelsea, literally straight after I post that message.

Amazing scenes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭green123

sick
    the lucky shower of *****

Be grateful that Ronaldo and Scholes have been fit all season.

Title race is effectively over . . .

Ahem...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

F*cking added time as usual. Hopefully nobody runs onto the pitch this time . . . with a chainsaw . . . . That'd be unfortunate :)

ha ha was the big bold red writing really necessary, :D

• Advertisement

VinnyL wrote:
    ha ha was the big bold red writing really necessary, :D
    I wasn't sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Had almost written off any chance of a chelsea premiership but a last gasp goal from Kalou and another injury for Utd to cope with keeps the (remote) possibility alive !

Now if only Ronaldo would be unfortunate enough to do himslef some mischief that would keep him out for a few weeks ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Ahem me arse. The title race was over at Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Betting terms a price of 1/8 would suggest it's basically over but i wouldn't write off a tight finish., going down to the last day of the season, but i still think Man Utd will win;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

kaimera wrote:
    Thanks for turning up the second half blackburn.

4-1. Ole.

Did Lemlin go missing with them, seems he went quiet after the Blackburn goal...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

poxy bloody Chelsea!

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote:
    Blackburn are 11 headless chickens in search of a football.

Mike.

11 headless chickens???

When exactly did the 11 headless chickens you support beat them this season?

Did Lemlin go missing with them, seems he went quiet after the Blackburn goal...;)

No, I went to watch the match and then had to go out after it. Thanks for your concern though. May I also just remind you of something...

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/premiership/article2237692.ece

At least Rovers managed to get a goal and make a match of it at some point. As well as not losing 4-0 in front of their own fans. There's your ;) right back...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Rio Ferdinand blasting some woman in the face with a football on MOTD?

I'm sure we'll be served up with some PR damage limiting exercise (ala Tim Henman and that ball-girl) but honestly, what a total waste of skin that guy is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Lemlin I'll not rise to it.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

smemon wrote:
    without henry and more importantly vieira, arsenal are nothing.

ok, they hold onto the ball well and kock it about But they can't win it back or penetrate with it.

If arsenge wenger was at Utd or Chelsea, he'd be sacked. SAF was on the verge of being sacked after finishing 3rd and winning nothing :cool:

there's talk of JM being sacked as Chelsea are underperforming :cool:

But it seems everyone turns a blind eye to Arsenal. Nobody wants to have a pop at Wenger or lay into Arsenal. At Chelsea and Utd, even liverpool, the knives are always being sharpened.

I'm pretty sure I've never seen this guy say anything good about arsenal or any other team and frankly, trolls on this forum whenever things are going right for united and wrong for others.

If AW had funds like united do, I'm sure he wouldn't be relying on youth as much. If he had chelsea's funds, he'd have the best team in the world.

No one has called for SAF's head in the last three years with any real conviction, during a time where united have not been at their best. They are doing what arsenal are now: BUILDING A TEAM. JM's head is being called for very different reasons to what you have outlined above. RA wants his team to play football like Man Utd, Arsenal and Barcelona and win the champions league.

Nobody is turning a blind eye to Arsenal. Yes we all agree they are underachieving but everyone acknowledges that it is a young team and lacking serious experience due to injuries to senior players.

Regarding today's fixtures I have to say I was immensely impressed by utd's response and are as Hughes said the champions-elect. Paul Scholes? Different class.
    On Arsenal's performance I feel the team lacked a bit of drive and motivation today and the back four had a terrible day, you don't see displays like that m top centre halfs like gallas and toure so it's only really a blip. But I take nothing away from liverpool, all arsenal's negatives were their positives. All in all, I won't read too much into it as both team's will qualify for the CL next season and all things considered, the order isn't critical.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement