Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leavin Subjects

• 30-03-2007 7:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭

dos anyone know when the deadline is for you to decide on your subjects for 5th year?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Depends on your school, afaik there's no fixed date. We haven't made our final choices yet.
    EDIT: (in TY)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

we had to make our choices today so that they could be put into the computer and the groups formulated over the easter holidays.

i picked:
    1.Physics
    2.French
    3.Design and communication graphics (tech drawing)
    4.Applied maths

and accounting as my number 5 bounce subject

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

we had to before midterm. then bands were made n we had to choose again by march 16th. I'm doing economics, music, history on my own instead of biology, and classics on my own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

I presume that is if you're not doing transition year:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

pfft, we already have a thread on this in the transition year forum. But if you wanna discuss it here by all means do so, I guess you are picking your subjects in third year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

aye,im hoping to do ty, but no means certain to getting in......form teacher told us today 51 applied ,and there only letting 24 in max
    we've not really been told anythnig about subject choices yet, expect for the rare carrer guildain classes we have....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

We had to have the forms in by March 23rd. Not a lot of time to think about it unfortunately but I'm pretty satisfied with my choices.

1. French (Hate the subject but it might as well be compulsory)
    2. Physics
    3. Chemistry
    4. History

Biology was fifth and Business was sixth due to having to put down six subject preferences in case we didn't get what we wanted.

I'll also be taking Applied Maths elsewhere as it wasn't on offer. I'll need it anyway as French and Irish aren't subjects I can count on. At all.

aye,im hoping to do ty, but no means certain to getting in......form teacher told us today 51 applied ,and there only letting 24 in max
    we've not really been told anythnig about subject choices yet, expect for the rare carrer guildain classes we have....
    Really:eek: . Everoney does ty in our school

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

It depends on your own school, in theory by 1st day back in Sept and even then some people change after week 1 but be warned, if class is full (e..g chemistry or biology etc) then no more can be accomodated so your out of luck for your choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ladilia

Well i had to give my 5 preferences in on Monday, and then they're gonna be sorted into block classes and have to pick then. I picked:
    1.Physics
    2.Art
    3.Economics
    4.French
    5.Geography

• Advertisement

we had primarlary choices the other day, i just randomly picked 4,as we were only given about 2 minutes to complete the sheat,and it doesnt really matter

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

To allow for advertising for staff, drawing up of timetables and planning, decisions would really need to be made within the next two weeks.
    Unless yours is a schools likes to do everything at the last minute.

There will always be a little bit of jigging about in September, but the basic classes and bands for subject choice should be done soon.
    If your school offers you no choices in subjects then it's not such an urgent issue.

**edit** unless you're not being taken back, in which case you need time to contact other schools.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

we gave ours in before easter and got the subjects that we are doing and the bands back there last week, got em all :)

our final ones are being decided sometime this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

im doing TY :( but i know what subjects I want to keep on..lol :

1. French
    2. Business
    3. Art
    4. Geography
    and if I have to pick a 5th: Music

cork*girl wrote:
    im doing TY :( but i know what subjects I want to keep on..lol :

1. French
    2. Business
    3. Art
    4. Geography
    and if I have to pick a 5th: Music
    What's wrong with TY? it's gonna be great:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

I dunno! Just in my school its not great lyk!! All talk and no action!!
    The fooools..

Cant wait for the Work Experience though!
    and we do a huge show. We are doing High School Musical!! WOO!

Bu theres somethings im not looking foward to..horseriding..im so scared..

sry..i kinda waffled on ..lol woops!

Advertisement