Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying games online

Options
  • 30-03-2007 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭

Hi lads!
    I am looking for the best place to buy games online I have only ever bought 1 on play.com but they are quite dear on most things. I was wondering about blahdvd.com do you get stung in customs. I am intrested in buying wii and PS2 and possibly Xbox 360 games.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

ebay has lots of games and some can be a real bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

CD Wow is great but just go to any Harvey Norman theyre the cheapest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

SO what is this ebay you speak of. I couldnt be arsed buying off ebay its a bit of a hassle and their is more risk involved. I might have a look in Harvey Norman cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

well SOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY

What are you on about getting your knickers in a twist. Relax I didnt even say anything about your ebay reply which I thought was trying to be smart of course I have heard about ebay and stop acting a tit.

• Advertisement

Can anybody tell me which one you have to watch out for customs on is it play.com what price does it have to be under. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Clone

If your looking to order games on the internet Play.com is the best they are based in Jersey (Uk).

There is no duty to pay on anything bought on their site and the prices are great and inclusive of delivery.

Example: Wii Zelda in Gamestop 59.99 on delivered from play.com 46.49

http://www.play.com/Games/Wii/4-/1027911/The_Legend_Of_Zelda_Twilight_Princess/Product.html

They're good for DVD's too but their CD collection isn't the largest.

Hope this helps save people money

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Second shout for CD Wow.

I would also try the 'new and used' section of Amazon.co.uk. I've bought new Books and CD's of a variety of sellers and had nothing but positive (and cheap) results.

As an example, the 1st seller on this page has a 96% positive review after 60,000+ ratings, the one below that has 96% after 85,000+ ratings.

I wouldn't dsmiss Ebay. Surprisingly, there are actually a few legit companies operating through it ;). If you do decide to buy off Amazon (new and used section) or Ebay just stick with vendors that have high ratings after a good few 100 or 1000 sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Clone wrote:
    based in Jersey (Uk).

When did Jersey join the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

CD WOW! - Alright prices, not a huge selection. Can be a bit slow with delivery sometimes (2 weeks). Make sure you check for vouchers to bring the price down a bit before you buy (see the Bargain Alerts forum). Free shipping.

Play.com - Larger selection. Customs can be charged as they're in Jersey (neither the UK nor the EU), but not as much since the Christmas crackdown. Good customer support. Free shipping. Delivery times vary. (Don't deliver electronics to Ireland)

Play-Asia - Nothing to do with Play.com. Get your (region-free) Xbox 360 and Nintendo DS games here (they won't deliver PS3 games to Europe I believe). Limit your order to one game/item each time to avoid customs. They usually send you a $5-off-$50 coupon for your next purchase. They charge for delivery, usually under €4, and can arrive in a week.

Video Games Plus - Another site for your imports. I've not used them myself, but they're popular with boards users. They charge for shipping AFAIK.

SendIt - Good range, can have some good deals/prices every-so-often. Free shipping.

BlahDVD - Pretty much the same as SendIt. An OK selection of stock with reasonable prices. Free shipping.

The general rule of thumb is to shop around. If you're looking for something in particular, it's best to search each shop and decide based on price/shipping time/past experiences/etc. Don't forget that some shops charge to deliver.

Also, don't rule out offline shops too. There can be a bargain to be had the odd time. Keep an eye on the Bargain Alerts forum and the Gaming Bargains thread too.

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone for their contributions I am sure I will find a bargain. Cheers

Advertisement