Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Up And Coming Game

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, Crysis, Mass Effect...who am I kidding, I'm going to be getting every game that's been mentioned here.

I'm a gameaholic. I can't live without gameahol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

I voted 'Other'. It's impossible to say which of these games I will think is best until they're all out, but the game I'm most looking forward to is LittleBigPlanet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Team fortress 2, Bioshock, Et quake wars, Unreal Tournament 3 and the best Duke Nukem forever!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars
    quarryman wrote:
    how do we know what the best game is if its not out? :confused:

I just rewrote it in my head to say “The game you’re looking forward to most”…

(It's possibly I edited the poll too)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

I'm still looking forward to Spore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Bioshock, Mass Effect, No More Heroes

There are many more, but those are the ones I'm most interested in right now.

Is there a particular reason people wait to buy games like Hotel Dusk? Are there any changes planned for Europe? The DS is region free and it would actually be cheaper to buy it now from the US than to wait for a Euro release. Been playing that recently, not too far in yet but it's very cool, very different, like a story/electronic book in the "Take On Me" video's style :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

koneko wrote:
    Is there a particular reason people wait to buy games like Hotel Dusk? Are there any changes planned for Europe? The DS is region free and it would actually be cheaper to buy it now from the US than to wait for a Euro release. Been playing that recently, not too far in yet but it's very cool, very different, like a story/electronic book in the "Take On Me" video's style :)
    No credit card :(

koneko wrote:
    Is there a particular reason people wait to buy games like Hotel Dusk? Are there any changes planned for Europe? The DS is region free and it would actually be cheaper to buy it now from the US than to wait for a Euro release.
    On a purely notional point of view...

Buying all your games from abroad thins out purchase of games from retailers within your country, (this has the added affect of removing money from our economy but that is secondary as the capital involved is quite low) if less and less games are purchased for a console in a paticular region then retailers will stock less games for that system to the point that individuals without access to the internet or the knowledge that games can be purchased from other regions will move to other systems and thin out the player base thus subjecting developers to reduced profit and decreased conviction/reason that they should develop for a platform.

I realise that this is pie in the sky and only a possibility, but the real solution is multi region simultaneous releases to quell the need to oder from America.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

tba wrote:
    I realise that this is pie in the sky and only a possibility, but the real solution is multi region simultaneous releases to quell the need to oder from America.

And until that happens, if a game I really want isn't going to be out here for ages, I'm going to keep importing. Let's take another DS game as an example, Elite Beat Agents. Released in the US in November, I've had it for a while now and it's great (still playing it, trying to S-rank as many as I can on Hard Rock difficulty :) ). UK/Irish release? JULY. Insanity.

It is insanity it really annoys me.

Unfortunately there is no hard numbers on destinations for online purchases, thus making it look like JAPAN and the USA are buying loads of games and we poor Europeans only grab a few.

As for me I'm not too concerned about waiting as by the time Zelda appears here, I will still be playing Hotel Dusk. But in reality its a silly tradition that they will eventually stop when some real hard figures appear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DirtyDog

Crysis for sure :):D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,456 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

koneko wrote:
    And until that happens, if a game I really want isn't going to be out here for ages, I'm going to keep importing. Let's take another DS game as an example, Elite Beat Agents. Released in the US in November, I've had it for a while now and it's great (still playing it, trying to S-rank as many as I can on Hard Rock difficulty :) ). UK/Irish release? JULY. Insanity.

Thar be rumblings in some quarters that said EBA shall never be lucky enough to see a European release *single tear rolls down eye*.

PS is it worth importing? Bear in mind I very much enjoy Ouendan, but mainly because it's so uniquely Japanese.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Can't really tell you since I've yet to get my paws on Ouendan, for shame, but EBA is really excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭BazMcG

Quake Wars and Crysis, will need a new PC lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars
    Crucifix wrote:
    No credit card :(
    Get a 3v voucher... it will cost you about 35 euro for the game and 5 euro surcharge http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-ba-49-en-15-hotel%2Bdusk-70-1iwq.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

The Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass

Advertisement