Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Hawkwind - BBC4

• 30-03-2007 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

It was just on, an hours potted history and recollection by various ex members of the ultimate underground band.

I only know a few tracks but it was 60 mins of bliss. I love the way some groups just refuse to go away dispite never making a pile of cash. They just love what they do.

The repeats will follow quickly so check listings.

Good piece on the background to this programme.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,009 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I missed it (watching the cricket) but I'll get my silver machine out for the repeats! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

ahh missed that...been a fan for yearrrs especially their 70's stuff..."Warrior On The Edge Of Time" one of the GREAT albums....veryy unique band for sure...all space hippie stuff..but they were much more talented than folks gave em credit for....

Ill dig out some of their stuff here......Master Of The Universe!...Space Is Deep, Hall Of The Mountain Grill, Space Ritual,,,one of my fave live albums :)

rock on the hawkwinders!!!

ciao'...Baggio....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Watching the repeat now, excellent stuff. I love Hawkwind, great archive footage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭jellikit

Damn, I missed it as well, anyone know when it will be repeated? By strange coincidence I was listening to Live Chronicles around the time the programme was shown last night, Cosmic,man!!

btw, anyone who wants to check out the band should track down epocheclipse, a 3cd anthology covering 30 years of one of the most criminally under rated bands ever !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I just checked the weekly listing and I think you're out of luck in the immediate future, that said you can be sur they'll show it again sometime in the next 3 months. That or it'll be on youtube by tonight.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Hawkwind are fantastic! I remember the summer of 2000 and listening to 'Hall Of The Mountain Grill' and a year later I was playing support to them onstage at the Ambassador in Dublin.:D Gentlemen too!

Advertisement