Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHP Referer Help

Options
  • 31-03-2007 1:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hi all

Having a bit of trouble with a referer check - hopefully some can help me out

Have the following code on a register page, i only want it to appear if the user comes from reg.php. If on reg.php i post a direct link to this page (as in <a href="register.php">sd</a> Then the code works fine and the user sees the message,

if ( eregi ( "www.daryllsheridan.com/student/reg.php", $_SERVER ) )
    {
    certain code
    }

Thing is i have reg.php setup to use users via a header back to register.php and when its setup this way the code dosent work

the way the form works is that
    register.php is a form and when submitted it gets processed on reg.php, if there is an error the user gets brought back to register.php and the above code would kick in and give them an error

Any ideas on how to get this working? Or a better way of achieving the same result?

Comments

Advertisement