Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbags

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Hmmm, knackers like that should be shot in the head, the law in this country is an absolute joke and might aswell be non-existant in cases like this.

I think the best thing for the OP to do is definitely wait a couple months before acting. Acting now, may fook up the case the garda are trying to put together. The garda seem to be doing what they`re supposed to be doing here, so let them at it and see what happens.

Dont go saying anything to the lad in the pub that you previously drank with, what will it achieve? Try and remain unknown to them so that if you do batter them at a later stage they`ll only know why they were battered but not know by whom, which is what you want.

The scummers dont seem to come from complete knacker familes from what you say, so there could be a good chance of getting compensation form the familes or whatever after courtcases and all?

If it becomes evident in about 2/3 months that the inbred cnuts are gonna get away scot free as usual, then consider the vigilantie approach. 2/3 mates and beat the crap out of the main culprit and some of the other spas too maybe. Dont let them know specifically who you are when beating them, just say something like "Thats for wrecking my car" or "Damage property of mine again and we`ll be back to kill you". Them scummers have probably done a load of similar crap before to other peoples property and wont know who specifically targeted them as theres probably a 100 other people that could be suspects.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

What wont work? Im not claiming he's going to run to the sisters house and apologise and pay for the damage. Just looking for a legal way to cause a bit of discomfort

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

ChRoMe wrote:
    What wont work? Im not claiming he's going to run to the sisters house and apologise and pay for the damage. Just looking for a legal way to cause a bit of discomfort

hearses pick bodies up from the morgue/hospital and bring them to the funeral home and id say newspapers only accept death notices from funeral homes these days

so ud need a very sympathetic funeral director

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

PeakOutput wrote:
    hearses pick bodies up from the morgue/hospital and bring them to the funeral home and id say newspapers only accept death notices from funeral homes these days

so ud need a very sympathetic funeral director

A friend of mines grandfathers body was collected from their house as they had it there for people to vist. Anyway all you need is someone willing to do a nixer. I've been away from Ireland for a while but I doubt the nixer culture has changed that much :)

Not sure about the newspapers but I know a few years ago anyone could do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Well return in kind id get my mates tonight (you said you know where they live) and thrash their cars Thats wat id do not telling you to do it:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Clarehobo

What happened?

And how did your sister get on on her birthday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

They picked the four of them up at 7am this morning. My sister is actually with the guards at the moment so I'll let you know how that goes when I hear from her. :)

Her birthday was great and she really enjoyed it. I on the other hand am still hungover. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I am delighted! A victory for the little person against the scumbags!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Clarehobo

Brilliant - the hangover is a badge of a good weekend;)

Anyways, I hope to God it works out for her. Good to hear she had a great birthday:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

My sympathies to the OP and your sister, that story is unreal.

I'd love to have seen this thread earlier so I could have suggested what to do, or rather what I would have done, but I don't want to be banned.

However I'll give you a hint, it involves the culprits back passage and a red hot poker.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

sorry for the loss. so what has come of it now?
    u siad they picked the four of them up at 7am, but are they going to be charged for criminal damage atempted breaking and entering etc?

hopefully they will pursue it and reperations will be made. i assume their parents / family know about it already?

and have to say, fair play to you for not loosing control and taking things into your own hands.
    you made the right choice and it was worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

Hmmm, well if I was my old, violent self, I would smash the entire gang up, one by one. Except for the leader. Explain to him that your sure he wouldn't be so stupid as to be involved, but that if the gang was ever to troublr your clan again that there would be 'serious' ramifactions for all involved.

Problem solved. Or another bigger problem created.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

scojones wrote:
    They picked the four of them up at 7am this morning. My sister is actually with the guards at the moment so I'll let you know how that goes when I hear from her. :)

Her birthday was great and she really enjoyed it. I on the other hand am still hungover. :(

great that they got them and all, but dont be surprised if/when the little sh!ts are let off with a slap on the wrist and a 10 euro fine

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Man, sorry to hear about it!!

Make sure the gardai get them to pay up for the damage they caused man as if she calimed from her insurance they get away scot free!!

Keep us updated!!

Looks like they all have alibis. Time to take the law into my own hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

I'm sorry to hear that. Was hoping to see you post up that they'd been charged with serious crimes.

I have to urge you not to use violence though. They'd surely know it was you and they'd probably come back to haunt your sister in future and all have alibis that night too.

I'd reckon that printing an article in the local paper is probably the best way to make a point with these people. Not enough detail to get you done for libel but enough to ensure most of the town is well aware who the scumbags are. Hopefully their families will recognise them from it and be so disgusted with them that they give them hell.

My 2c worth.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Did you sister actually see them there?? Or is she assuming its them??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭potty pete

you posses a large and blunt object, Right?

see what I'm gettin at there.

If it was my sister and I knew who it was I wouldnt have bothered callin the cops, better to get a few mates and a transit van and start makin housecalls.

Scumbags like that have no respect for authority or any real fear of consequence cos they usualy get away with something like a suspended sentence and a tut tut from some dopeyfcknmagistrate, people like that need to be reminded of what the consequences really are of using force and intimidation - that no matter how big and clever you think you are theres always someone bigger whos got a transitvan full of tooled up mates just itchin to put some manners on em[/QUOTE]

Blunt objects and transit vans? What if you happened to actually kill one of them. This kind of talk will solve nothing. It'll only worsen the matter.

potty pete wrote:
    you posses a large and blunt object, Right?

see what I'm gettin at there.

If it was my sister and I knew who it was I wouldnt have bothered callin the cops, better to get a few mates and a transit van and start makin housecalls.

Scumbags like that have no respect for authority or any real fear of consequence cos they usualy get away with something like a suspended sentence and a tut tut from some dopeyfcknmagistrate, people like that need to be reminded of what the consequences really are of using force and intimidation - that no matter how big and clever you think you are theres always someone bigger whos got a transitvan full of tooled up mates just itchin to put some manners on em

Last couple of sentences there was in reply to Mahatma Coat. Just to clarify.

Blunt objects and transit vans? What if you happened to actually kill one of them. This kind of talk will solve nothing. It'll only worsen the matter.[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sm0ke

scojones wrote:
    Looks like they all have alibis. Time to take the law into my own hands.
    your best bet is to delete this thread.

no paper trail, and make sure your well disguised.

• Advertisement

Sm0ke wrote:
    your best bet is to delete this thread.

no paper trail, and make sure your well disguised.

This is ridiculous. Make sure you're well disguised?? For what he'll do next?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Scojones,

Exactly how far are you willing to take this?

You need to remember that these guys have broken up two cars and tried to gain entry to the house. And that’s over your sister not moving her car. Imagine how things could get if you go around breaking heads?

If you think you will just be dealing with the guys who were there you’re a fool. You'll be dealing with all there friends and relatives as well. You'll lose. This is a reality check.

To answer some of the questions, my sister saw them doing it. The ringleader will be done for assaulting my nephew, but that's it. Luckily both cars are covered by the insurance. To give you an idea of what their families are like, each one of their mother's are saying that they were with them in their house at the time this was supposed to happen.

I saw them out yesterday evening, the four of them together. Their families obviously don't give a fiddlers. I'm not going to assault any of them. I'm going to talk to each one of them on an individual basis, and then I'm going to talk to their families. I have taken pictures of the damage with my digital camera, and it's going to be published in the local paper.

Dude if they were seen then the gardai should be charging their "Alibies" with obstructing justice!!! Get them to treathen it and ask around and see if anyone one else saw them there and you may catch them out!! Don't speak to them as if the gardai do catch them out you will jeopordise the case against them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

scojones wrote:
    To answer some of the questions, my sister saw them doing it. The ringleader will be done for assaulting my nephew, but that's it. Luckily both cars are covered by the insurance. To give you an idea of what their families are like, each one of their mother's are saying that they were with them in their house at the time this was supposed to happen.

Hold on, was your nephew assaulted at the same time as the cars were wrecked?

Hold on, was your nephew assaulted at the same time as the cars were wrecked?

No, it was when they were around earlier on that evening at 7pm(ish).

jonny24ie wrote:
    Dude if they were seen then the gardai should be charging their "Alibies" with obstructing justice!!! Get them to treathen it and ask around and see if anyone one else saw them there and you may catch them out!! Don't speak to them as if the gardai do catch them out you will jeopordise the case against them!!

Oh I know. I won't be talking to them until the Gardai are done with this. We could be talking a while before that happens.

Is there anything else I could be doing about this?

scojones wrote:

Oh I know. I won't be talking to them until the Gardai are done with this. We could be talking a while before that happens.

Is there anything else I could be doing about this?[/QUOTE]

I would advise getting onto the super in the station and tell him that your sister seen the people do this yet nothing is going to be done about it cause their mothers lied for them!! If you can get another witness to say they were there then it makes your case alot better!! Surely a neighbour looked out and saw them there at that time!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

scojones wrote:

Oh right.

Have you spoken to a solicitor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭hottstuff

Sorry for your sisters troubles OP.
    Have you thought about renting/buying some hidden camera equipment and approaching all individuals and their familes/homes and hoping something incriminating just falls into your lap.
    Worst comes to the worst you will get assaulted and problem solved.
    Keep us updated.

• Advertisement

Oh right.

Have you spoken to a solicitor?

Not yet.

This is a disaster. My sister's fiancée wants to sell the house now, and I don't blame him.

Advertisement