Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbags

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Ruu wrote:
    Thats rough, how long have the neighbours been living beside your Mam, since she moved in or before?
    The original family was there beforehand - as I mentioned, they wanted the house but the Corporation/DCC wouldn't give it to them, hence the initial problem.

Although that family has since moved to Clare Hall i gather, their friends (particularly Dillon and his mother Pauline and the rest that showed up to comment in that segment - Indeed, despite her claim that she knows nothing about it, if you listen carefully you may recognise the same woman's voice shouting abuse at my mam a few minutes earlier (32:31 mins on the video)) continue it. In fact there's footage of their elder brothers standing 2/3 year olds against our front wall and teaching them to throw stones at the windows.

Unfortunately the bigger problem is the local Gardai as they actively participate in the harassment as I gave examples of earlier, and this only encourages the local scumbags as they KNOW nothing will happen to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Plissken1

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    For anyones who's interested - entire Primetime show here:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2005/1128/primetime.html

Our bit is about 30 minutes in, but as you can see it's a growing national problem.

Dont talk to me about people like this, they have my heart broken the dirty scum. Where I live they smash and rob anything they can get their hands on. They are mostly around 15 years old. They havent gone near my place since I got CCTV install (greatest invention ever, gives me peace of mind). They know its there too, I often see scummers warning other scummers, and pointing at it, its great !!. cost me 600 euros, worth ever penny has motion detection so it only records when people are hanging around.

I have had to watch them drinking, fighting and even crapping in the middle of the street. They also dump their household rubbish in the hedges, the river and the park when they think no one is watching. pure trailer trash, they make me ashamed to be Irish sometimes. And its getting worse. I am just glad my place is secure now. Even if the cops fail to do anything at least I can identify them. I think thats why activity down by my place has fallen to almost nil, a big thanks to Big Brother (CCTV), although, its still sad that I even have to install it. And the killer of it all is, I dont live in a rough area, or a perceived rough area anyway, the kids in the area want for nothing, they have life easy. But they still act like trash, they still act like wannabe gangsters, even if they wont say boo to anyone unless there is at least 10 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Plissken1 wrote:
    Dont talk to me about people like this, they have my heart broken the dirty scum. Where I live they smash and rob anything they can get their hands on. They are mostly around 15 years old. They havent gone near my place since I got CCTV install (greatest invention ever, gives me peace of mind). They know its there too, I often see scummers warning other scummers, and pointing at it, its great !!. cost me 600 euros, worth ever penny has motion detection so it only records when people are hanging around.

I have had to watch them drinking, fighting and even crapping in the middle of the street. They also dump their household rubbish in the hedges, the river and the park when they think no one is watching. pure trailer trash, they make me ashamed to be Irish sometimes. And its getting worse. I am just glad my place is secure now. Even if the cops fail to do anything at least I can identify them. I think thats why activity down by my place has fallen to almost nil, a big thanks to Big Brother (CCTV), although, its still sad that I even have to install it. And the killer of it all is, I dont live in a rough area, or a perceived rough area anyway, the kids in the area want for nothing, they have life easy. But they still act like trash, they still act like wannabe gangsters, even if they wont say boo to anyone unless there is at least 10 of them.
    All I can say is fair play that the CCTV seems to work for you. Unfortunately (as you no doubt saw, the scum in my mam's area look into the cameras while they're spitting at her/threatening her/abusing her etc).

They all know the camera's run 24 hours, but as I said above, the fact that the Gardai or DCC refuse to do their jobs (despite being given the same footage), means that it's not much of a deterrant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Did'nt they have a thing in the eighties wher ya could sorta apy a rent towards ownin yer councilhous in a kindathatcherite sortof system

I think I remember my fathers family buying teh house me granny lived in outright at the time, they got the site too, but they chose to keep the house onit, bit uts oneadem horendous lateseventies brickcottagebungaluw thingies with the recessed frontdoor and bathroomwindows :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

My sympathies to the OP and his sister/nephew and well done on doing all you can to bring the matter forward.

I have to say though, I would find it hard to show your restraint. My first thoughts would probably have been shoving a gun in the culprit(s) face(s).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

If Tuesday comes and nothing's done, kick the living hell out of them. How old are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

I live in an estate in Finglas, where the majority of the houses are worth over a million.
    Ha! :D

FINGLAS PROPERTY PRICE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭hottstuff

Different part of Finglas. The place is huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

I know how big Finglas is, and I know that the majority of properties in Finglas do not sell for over 1 million euro.
    Search any property site, the average price of a 3 bed property in Finglas would be approx €390k-€450k.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

chump wrote:

Yes, but once you install the moate and electric fence, with gun turrets, it comes to about 1 million. :D

I see Kilrush is mentioned in the paper today, two lads arrested with guns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

That's fairly shocking Kaiser 2000, I intend to watch the Primetime show tonight.

I thought legislation existed in evict anti-social tenants. It was in the news around the time of the incident in Moyross. I believe legislation exists but it's never or rarely been used, some would say because the bleeding heart brigade would immediatley sympathise anyone put out on the street.

I just scanned throught the last few pages of this thread and formed the opinion that they are in some way protected by the gardai. Any members of this family involved in a drugs gang and possibly acting as a garda informant? Jumping to conclusions here, it's just what struck me about your story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I just watched that primetime show now. With all the video evidence collected, how the fu,ck can the guards not act ? The faces are clear enough. Im sure it can be enhanced alot more too. That one woman with 10 years worth of video, showing the kids faces clearly. Sure thee kids arnt to blame, it was the way they were brought up, or dragged up in their cases.

And peter, really sorry to hear about this mate, i can just imagine how terrified your sister was, and probably still is. And i can imagine the frustration her fiance is going through too.

If you still wanna crack some heads, i can be down there in a few houws with a transit van full of tallaght heads ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Bloody guards, don't want to take him on when he's drunk for the sole reason of preventing a difficult arrest. I'm glad I don't live in Dublin is all i can say. Kick the living **** out of them tbh. :mad:

A girl at work had a rock thrown at her car, it cracked her windscreen. She got straight on the phone to her fella, and the cops appeared and stopped her for using her phone when driving. She told the Garda what had happened, she pointed back to the group of lads that threw the rock. The Garda didnt go near them, they decided to let her off this time, and not fine her for using the phone, then let her go and they left the scene. What seems to have happened was, a routine stop and fine for use of a phone, became a complicated case of vandalism by some scumbags sitting on a wall. the Garda didnt want to know so he legged it and let her off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

This is no longer a problem.

I'm going to leave the thread open for people to discuss issues they have had with these sort of people. I'm not willing to disclose what happened, but let me say I am very impressed with the law enforcement in this country.

Thanks to everyone for their advice. I really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

scojones wrote:
    I'm not willing to disclose what happened, but let me say I am very impressed with the law enforcement in this country.
    Ah come on, we've followed your story this far :D

Unpossible wrote:
    Ah come on, we've followed your story this far :D

They got their cumupins. :)

The guards were great, they arrested ten lads this morning. The original four lads, and six others. Apparently they put pressure on a couple of them and they confessed to everything, and gave names etc. Everything will be sorted, both financially and other wise. The lads will be up in court too. All of them have confessed. Restraining orders will hopefully be issued as well. The sister is no longer moving. \o/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ballroom blitz

Glad to hear it i've been following your story and its good to see a minor victory against these kind of people. If only the gardai were as good with every issue like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

scojones wrote:

The guards were great, they arrested ten lads this morning. The original four lads, and six others. Apparently they put pressure on a couple of them and they confessed to everything, and gave names etc. Everything will be sorted, both financially and other wise. The lads will be up in court too. All of them have confessed. Restraining orders will hopefully be issued as well. The sister is no longer moving. \o/
    Just goes to show that the guards do their job, the only problem is they need a lot of back up and evidence to do so, not their fault, I am sure they are happy with the result too.

Well done scojones again, an inspiration on how to get justice on the scumbags. I think though that this example should make it easier on the rest of us on how to deal with these scumbags. And hopefully the powers that be will learn from this too.

Cheers lads. I'm actually delighted. It's like Christmas. She's not moving either which is all I was worried about. I love being able to just cross to road and call into her. If I had to go to a different town I'd be gutted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

to preven offspring of scumbags spreading out of control. sterilization should be used.

FACT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

ChRoMe wrote:
    Lot of emotional answers understandably in this thread. I got angry reading the OP. My first guy reaction would be to get them after work/school with a couple of mates but to be honest it can get messy.

In regards to letting the guards handle it ROFLOL. I firmly believe that people who take this line in these situations do it because they dont have much real world experience in dealing with situations like this.

However I know of one tactic that is non violent that wont connect you directly and usually puts the ****s up people.

*Disclaimer: Uhh I've never done this myself..... ;)*

Speak to your local funeral directors and have a nice flower arrangement made up with the persons name. Organise the hearse to arrive at the persons house (while displaying the flower arrangement) and have the funeral director call to the house to say that he is here to collect the body of "insert pricks name here". Also dont forget to place the notices in the paper of how the lose of their life was tragic for one so young.

As no physical harm is going to happen along with the fact that you are not breaking any laws its a winner. Yes of course the confusion will be cleared up at the house but it should send a shiver down his spine. That along with (hopefully) fielding calls from realitves and having to explain that you havnt passed away should be enough to let them know you are thinking of them.

bueno suerte

that is sweet:cool: :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Paligulus

scojones wrote:

Fair play chief. Delighted for ya. This thread should be stickied both to show how to deal with this type of stuff and that average decent folks can get justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Yeah well done scojones, good to hear your sister didn't have to move or anything, which would have been a shame... I just hope these guys get the justice they deserve now:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Good stuff sjones, hopefully they will get punished in court and rightly so.

There was a couple of other lads i suspected were involved in this so I started checking bebo and found their pages. I went back in their comments to around the time this happened, and found:
    haha!!! yes sargent hws u...heard u met my m8s. they tld me u'd b here. ha ha!!! joking!! no sign uv dem yet!!!
    i am good and how is you..?? no not really.. well i do but i will tell you later or something if you are out.. we ****ed those cars up good and two of the lads tried to break into the house ha ha..?? it was gas i bet the's fukkkin freaked LOL!!!
    hey seamie.. how are you.. or should i say how is the head.. ha ha.. oh ya i got caught for ****in up [my sister's name, edited] cars last nite!!! it was so funny.. my mother said nothin.. i swear.. ha ha..!!!

The mind boggles. I've been in touch with the sergant just now and have sent him the required URLS and screenshots to this info. Have to meet him at 8pm before he finishes his shift. Can you say alca poned? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

well done scojones. good to hear things are moving along positively.

Advertisement