Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oral Exams

Options
  • 31-03-2007 9:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any Oral Exams yet? Mine is the Monday we come back to school, thats for french, Irish is a week later.

I cant wait tbh Iam confident.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

My Irish oral is the Thursday we get back from holidays, then the French one is on the Friday the week after. I'm looking forward to it a bit aswell, dont know how confident I am yet though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭adamcp

Anyone got any Oral Exams yet? Mine is the Monday we come back to school, thats for french, Irish is a week later.

I cant wait tbh Iam confident.

same as yourself, my irish is on the monday of the week after

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

Im the opposite, my Irish is on the monday we go back. Im way more confident about French though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭boger

im dreading them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I'm pooing myself! Irish ordinary level on the Tuesday, although im so bad that even that's got me slightly nervous!

Then French the week after, which is when i will really be pooing myself:eek: ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

Can't wait... for them to be over, so the real thing is in clear sight! Hopefully they'll go well...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

My French is the Friday we come back and then the Monday after that is Irish. I'm first in alphabetical order in both so I'll be the one going in firest in both. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

JBoyle4eva wrote:
    My French is the Friday we come back and then the Monday after that is Irish. I'm first in alphabetical order in both so I'll be the one going in firest in both. :eek:

That's strange, I thought they were all on at the same time. For us, Irish is the 16th and 17th, and French is the 26th and 27th. I'm second in both my classes, so I'll be right up there at the top too.... great.....
    Confident?? Basically, no, but I feel better for Irish than French, which is odd, cos I want to do French in college.... Are people generally feeling more confident for one? And if so, which one?

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

I have my german oral on Tuesday the 17th.The examinier is doing 20 students a day, and i'm 22nd on the list, so it gives me an extra day to study!Still though I doubt i'll need it.I'm actually doing Pass German, although I'm doing the honours paper in the leaving cert, so i'm hoping to get a good 20% out of the 25% for the oral.

The oral is pretty useful for picking up points because its the same exam for pass and honours, so I don't have to learn anything different or new (which is more than I can say for the listening and the written papers.I mean in the mock listening I was asked to write about the feelings and tone of the women talking......What the **** was that about?).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Famous_Séamus

I'm actually doing Pass German, although I'm doing the honours paper in the leaving cert

huh?? :confused:
    Why might you do that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I'm the first person in the year doing both, bit nervous tbh. Don't even have the sliochts to read out 'cause I didn't bother my ass getting the book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

The sliochts are grand, tbh. If you can read Irish in general, you should have no problem being able to read them. Our teacher gave them to us on a sheet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

I'm the wednesday after we come back for Irish. Don't know about French yet.
    Fairly scared for both though. Even worse because I have a slight stammer. It's not very noticeable in Irish but it catches me all the time in French.
    Really don't want to mess up with the sliochts though but it's bound to happen.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

hehe oh i remember mine, had a serious throat infection where i was off for 3 weeks from school, rolled in for the orals, school explained situation, 5 mins of the ol 'how are yous' tape stops and she says perfect, i know bout your condition, wont get you to talk anymore, ya can go now'.

good luck all :D

Advertisement