Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

66% Failure rate

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

working link

here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I seriously doubt this should be taken as representative. Like it says on the site, they've got survey submissions from 0.25% of registered gamertags, which is nowhere near enough.

Also, people who've actually had a console failure would be more likely to take part in the poll and those that haven't had any problems are less likely - meaning the results are somewhat biased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

quarryman wrote:
    working link

here

Ooops thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

Branoic wrote:
    I seriously doubt this should be taken as representative. Like it says on the site, they've got survey submissions from 0.25% of registered gamertags, which is nowhere near enough.

Also, people who've actually had a console failure would be more likely to take part in the poll and those that haven't had any problems are less likely - meaning the results are somewhat biased.

mmm I find it is representitive. Of friends that have a 360 (8 of us) 7 have failed at least once, 3 have had multiple fails.

All who had a console bought before end of Feb'06 had it fail (5).

I think MS know exactly how bad it is.
    In saying that I still am very happy with my 360.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Well two of my three 360s have failed so that would be 66% so it matches my experience.

I know of many others that have failed too, the console does have a shocking failure rate, fortunately Microsoft are pretty prompt and helpful in getting them replaced at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Out of 4 of my friends not one of us has ever had a fault with a 360. And two of them are launch boxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,883 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

never had a problem with a launch box here, all updates installed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

astrofool wrote:
    never had a problem with a launch box here, all updates installed.
    same here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

No problem either, nor have 3 mates. 2 of those are launch systems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

is still going fine bar the odd crash. I know 3 other people with 360's and none of them have had failures.... (one of which is a launch box).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

i got mine in march 06, manufactured in feb 06, and its starting to screw up on me now (when its conveniently just out of warranty). GRAW2 wont play for longer than 5 minutes, and PGR3 has MASSIVE (damage) graphical glitches.
    But having said that, i played GOW for about an hour and a half last night no problems, and finished oblivion yesterday after a few hours play, not a problem in sight. Its just weird. But yeah, very shoddy production from MS overall i have to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

on my second 360

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

Had a launch 360, it died just out of warranty. Had to pay €120 to have it repaired only for the console they returned to me (not my original console) to have a problem with the DVD drive and have to be sent back again. Just went out and bought a new console so i would have a warranty again but have had a few crashes and disk unreadable errors allready.

Not a happy camper...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

One would imagine that the people attracted to doing this survey where mostly people who had had their machines fail. Therefore the result of this survey need to be taken with a big pinch of salt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭GUIGuy

Launch XB360... no probs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

jaykay2 wrote:
    Had a launch 360, it died just out of warranty. Had to pay €120 to have it repaired only for the console they returned to me (not my original console) to have a problem with the DVD drive and have to be sent back again. Just went out and bought a new console so i would have a warranty again but have had a few crashes and disk unreadable errors allready.

Not a happy camper...

take it back tot he shop instead, get a new one. Tell them politely that you had trouble with ms's replacement the last time and dont want to deal with ms again if they say 'you should contact microsoft'. Im sure most shops will replace it if you have a receipt.

Advertisement