Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How should I get to work??

Options
  • 31-03-2007 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm moving to Dublin for 6 months work placement.

I'm living on Grange Road in Rathfarnham, and I will be working on Adelaide Road (near Harcourt Street.)

What would be the best way to get to work everyday, I don't know how far away the luas is from grange road and I haven't looked into buses yet...any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I would say get the 16 into harolds cross then walk along the canal.

Or walk down to the yellow house pub and get the 15C into portobello which would be closer.

So it's either walk before you get on the bus or after you get off the bus.

Luas would be too far away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Hard Larry

I'd say get a bike mate...you're not the far away.

Cycle up through Rathmines and then down the Canal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Bus sounds like a plan.

I have a car with me, I was half thinking of driving to sandyford luas everyday but a bus is prob handier.

If I was getting the bus from the yellow house pub how much time should I allow to get to adelaide road...including walking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Hard Larry

jamieh wrote:
    Bus sounds like a plan.

I have a car with me, I was half thinking of driving to sandyford luas everyday but a bus is prob handier.

If I was getting the bus from the yellow house pub how much time should I allow to get to adelaide road...including walking?

Forget driving traffics a nightmare. The walk isn't that far (Even from Grange Road!)

I'd say about 20-25 minutes max....longer if you get attacked by a swan

www.daft.ie map

http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?route=15c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

The 16 will drop you off at Harrington St. Just a minute or 2 walk from Adelaide Rd (Harcourt St end)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

There is no finer method of transport within the M50, than the bicycle. Except helicopter.

Advertisement