Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Union (D15)

Options
  • 31-03-2007 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hi,

Im looking for information people have on applying for a loan through a credit union and specifically through one in Dublin 15.

Have any of you dealt with this credit union previously and if so what have you said your loans where for? For example on a first loan have any of you got significant loans (5k+) for something more 'trivial' like holiday loan/dentist fees/college fee's etc.

Ive never dealt with one before and would like to ascertain are there certain things you should/shouldnt say or do when applying for a loan with them and whether if you are applying for a more trivial loan that it would be treated the same as one for a mortgage/car insurance etc.

Hope that makes sense! Thanks for taking the time to read this and all replys are really appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Only had one loan from them .. they wanted 6 months of payslips, bank and credit card statements and some ID. (college fees)

I went in, sat down and answered the usual quesitons. They then went throuhg the statements and asked about any odd looking activity etc.

All seemed pretty standard, but as far as I know the credit union require you to have money with them before they'll give it out? At least this si what I was told by them is "preferred".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Cindy Love

thanks for your reply.

I was expecting more feedback - should i post this in another forum or can anyone else go through there dealings on there first loan with any credit union.

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Cindy Love wrote:
    ....Ive never dealt with one before and would like to ascertain are there certain things you should/shouldnt say or do when applying for a loan with them and whether if you are applying for a more trivial loan that it would be treated the same as one for a mortgage/car insurance etc....

They will be more interested in your financial history than anything you say.

Advertisement