Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't want to trust signed jar file

Options
  • 31-03-2007 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I have a signed jar file which I signed using a certificate I made up myself. During the course of the project I've ticked the check box which says to always trust this certificate. Now I want the question box to be displayed again. How do I reset it so that I no longer trust this certificate?

I'm using firefox if this helps. I tried using Preferences->Advanced->Encryption->View Certificates but I didn't see the certificate there.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭OMcGovern

Firefox didn't trust your jar file and its cert, your Java vm did. So have a look in the windows control panel for the java entry. I reckon you'll find a tab for certificates in the java control panel.

regards,
    Owen

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭bman

I'm using Linux. I'll have a look around using google to see if I can figure it out. If anyone here has any ideas how to sort this out in Linux please post.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭bman

Found it through rooting through the file system. It was at ~/.java/deployment/security/trusted.certs . I just renamed the file and it's now asking me if I want to trust the jar file again. Probably not the correct way to do it but its only for a demonstration so it'll do fine.

Advertisement