Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where Did The Year Go?

Options
  • 31-03-2007 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Ok, so I sound like an old person, but this has to be the shortest school year ever! It seems like Christmas was 2 minutes ago but here we are into April.
    Anyway, the mocks are over, anyone get a big shock? Starting to feel the pressure now....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yeah, it is nuts just how its already April. It just comes and goes. Sure, breakdown the rest of the year, and it'll show just how quickly it'll all go yet:

1st April-15 April: Easter Holidays
    16 April-27 April: Orals, history projects, geog. projects, Construction Projects,
    30 April-c. 22 May: Last 3 weeks of actual classtime(for us anyway).

Not sure on exact date we officially finish school, it varies as they let us 6th years off early. but we still go into school for block classes if the teacher wants us too. The weeks fly by in their own way, without having loads of distractions coming up over the next few. And in those last three weeks, take days out like sports days and all that and theres actually very little left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

I know! What the hell like? We're into the final term of the year now. The pressure's on alright but I feel like I have more freedom than ever before. Its a great feeling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

The school year never went by this quickly any other year. This is the only year I'd like it to be/seem longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭boger

this will sound very cringy but its the beginning of the rest of our lifes dont be so depressed about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Steve01 wrote:
    We're into the final term of the year now.

Nope, the final term of our schoollives.

I remember hearing from 6th years back when I was in 1st year that "its a long road ahead of ya!" Didnt believe them then, and looking back on it for a few secs, its hard to believe them still. But it has been long; seems only a few weeks ago I was in those ****ty prefabs in 2nd year, not 4 years. Think its also handy when ya dont dread going in everyday, and you get on well with the teachers...can just have a laugh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

By the time orals are over, ther'll only be 20 days of school left, EVER!

Although the exams are looming and have to be done, its still a good thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

obl wrote:

God, that just seems so strange. Where did all the time go?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I've got 12 days to dig myself out of a rather large hole, and have my 18th Birthday to get through also:eek:

So make that 10 days to cover the maths,physics courses, get my Irish oral and French oral set up and get a good bite into the Biology course.:eek:

Times are going to be a tough over the coming days! No Easter Holidays for me! Just 9am starts:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Make the most of it while youre there - im in my first year of college and not particularly happy. I get so depressed when I think back to my secondary school days - Id give anythig to be back there. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

I always thought that I would be so happy to get out of secondary school - but I realise now how much I will miss it. Looking around at the some of the people I know who are in college atm isn't the most appealing thing either. It'll only be another few years and we'll have finished university and be expected to settle down into a job etc. Very scary tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

So I take it we're all pretty much on early starts like 9-10am? Im starting at 9 and finishing at around 6 myself so I can keep a kind of school routine. We'll all have to think of all the other 1000's of lc's around the country doing the same when times get tough (or insanely boring!) But tbh I cant wait just to do the bloody leaving and have it done. Just an endless Summer of waiting then for the results! I cant wait to leave secondary school, it seems so childish now. Roll on college!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

I'm finding it sooo hard to study over the holidays. I was really really motivated at the start of the year, and its all gone downhill since after the mocks. I've just been finding it so difficult to get back into things. anybody else having this problem??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Waaaait, Xmas is over already? Christ.

/me rawrs at Archimedes sig. GEWON JOHNNY.

Sorry, ahem. Yes the year has flown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭bright

Selphie wrote:
    I'm finding it sooo hard to study over the holidays. I was really really motivated at the start of the year, and its all gone downhill since after the mocks. I've just been finding it so difficult to get back into things. anybody else having this problem??

i whole heartedly agree and as the weather gets better it gets even harder to get any study done. actually procrastinating like this doesn't help... but 9 weeks untill it starts and 12 till its over....thats the real motivator right now:o

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

OMG!!!Theres only 63 days left until the leaving starts!!!I am so ****ing unprepared!And I can't focus on studying, I can only seem to manage about 2-3 hours a day.And thats when i'm on holidays!**** it all.Oh well I guess its only 77 days till i'm finally finished secondary school.Can't wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

^^ Eh, it's 62. Not to burst your bubble or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

obl wrote:
    ^^ Eh, it's 62. Not to burst your bubble or whatever.

Maybe s/he is excempt from English? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭shazzyshaz

yeah it actually has flown!! can only manage 4hrs max in the hols for studyin!!! oh well!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭boger

md99 wrote:
    Maybe s/he is excempt from English? :D
    ???

you keep on proving me right

You folks that have a three week stretch of exams, consider yourselves lucky, I start on the wednesday and finish on the following wednesday! One fun filled intense week, but Im sure there are loads of us that only have a week coz my subjects are pretty common - eng. ir. maths, fre. geo, hist, bio.
    Anyone have a shorter exam period than that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Seinas

obl wrote:

Jesus that seems wierd.....

anyone feel they arent ready to be let loose on the big bad world???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

Seinas wrote:
    Jesus that seems wierd.....

anyone feel they arent ready to be let loose on the big bad world???

*raises hand*

The contrary, bring it on motherf**ker.

Mackleton im the exact same as u!! i finish the wed after we start in the AM!! BUsiness is me last 1!:) kinda good but kinda bad at the same time........

Exactly that. Good that the exams are short therefore the pressure is relieved sooner and we can forget about it but bad that every single subject has to done and completely revised heading in on day 1. If I learned nothing else in the mocks I learned that you cannot learn anything on the nights in between, all I was able for was sleeping! Maybe some revision of bullet points or something but no actual trying to learn coz the brain needs the rest. Also bad because others can devote a couple of days to the subjects near the end, while we cannot. I just want to do the sucker and have it over and done with.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Yuphrum

Mackleton wrote:
    Exactly that. Good that the exams are short therefore the pressure is relieved sooner and we can forget about it but bad that every single subject has to done and completely revised heading in on day 1. If I learned nothing else in the mocks I learned that you cannot learn anything on the nights in between, all I was able for was sleeping! Maybe some revision of bullet points or something but no actual trying to learn coz the brain needs the rest. Also bad because others can devote a couple of days to the subjects near the end, while we cannot. I just want to do the sucker and have it over and done with.

I think it went that way.
    *points to the left*

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

ONLY 60 DAYS LEFT!!!OMFG!!!!!!

*Jumps out window*

ONLY 60 DAYS LEFT!!!OMFG!!!!!!

*Jumps out window*

ONLY 45 DAYS LEFT!! omfg runs out the door!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

^^ 15 days lost in the space of a hour
    amazing... 6th year really does fly

• Advertisement

come on, 45 days is too much. i want this thing over with already!!!! home ecs the only thing I need time for, the course takes a good half year to revise after all.

Advertisement