Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PRO EVO 6 on XBOX360 vs PS2

Options
  • 31-03-2007 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

hey guys this has probably already been asked which version is best??
    i already have it on the PS2, since that bust:mad: on me was tinking about getting an xbox360 instead but seeing as thats the only game i realy like just wondering weather there is much difference between the 2 for those that have played both? cheers lads:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

i think its better on the 360 no real reason but one is xbox live if u hav it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

I have Pro Evo 6 on the 360 and WE10 on the PS2 and I definitely think its better on the PS2. I find the 36 version very slow and clunky, and I just don't enjoy playing it as much. Xbox Live is grand but the features are so watered down on the 360 version. The Dual Shock is a better pad for playing it too, imo. I'd go for the PS2 version every time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 POK3RPRODIGY

thanx guys for the help
    does the graphics make much difference ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

No, shoddy port, no real enhancement in graphics at all. PS2 version plays a lot better than the 360 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Not realy Xbox is a nose ahead in graphics

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

thanx guys for the help
    does the graphics make much difference ?

Graphics have no influence over game play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

I concur with the others that its better on the PS2. No classic teams, less stadiums, and lack of player/team edit features in the 360 version is a bit of a kick in the teeth. The game is also slower which some people prefer but personally i wouldn't (bit more tactical but less fluid). The graphics are a bit better on the xbox 360 but it doesn't compensate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Yeh, 360 version just a lazt port of the PS2.

Best off just waiting for a proper next-gen version (PES7) for your 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I wonder will they be able to do a proper next gen version for the 360 considering they have a tough time already dealing with pro evo 6 on it? I mean it slows down sometimes and also the fact that lag is an issue for a lot of people online...crazy isn't it?

or it could be due to the fact that it is a lazy port and they are the problems associated with that...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

pes6 on 360 isnt a port it was made for the 360 just made badly, i think the next one will be a port which isnt abad thing in pes case.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

The online features of the 360 are woeful. It's slow and laggy and sometimes you end up playin against no-one or someone else entirely, quite weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

I Think The Game Play On The 360 Is Better The Graphics Make The Difference But There Are Things That Are Better On The Ps2 Like Edit Player And Team Also 360 Is Missing Man On The Match

Pro Evo on 360 online ---> Is the worlds greatest game in my opinion. Jesus the gameplay is amazing.

Slurms wrote:
    The online features of the 360 are woeful. It's slow and laggy and sometimes you end up playin against no-one or someone else entirely, quite weird!

Everytime that has happened when I'm playing it is the other persons connection. I've never had drop out or lag on mine. Playing against French people is laggy I find though.
    cheesedude wrote:
    Pro Evo on 360 online ---> Is the worlds greatest game in my opinion. Jesus the gameplay is amazing.

Pro Ev on PS2 with mates and a few beers is the worlds greatest game. FACT! (Well beers are a bonus but not a requirement.)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,747 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i have it on both, and i only play the ps2 version against my mates or bro when he pops over, and single player. Only play the 360 version on Live against a few mates. Don't really like it tbh, can't dribble as easily, shooting isn't as good and the players seem less responsive. All just my opinion of course, but i do feel the ps2 version is a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Oh my good god, the XBox controller is just so ****. The D-Pad thingy is so insensitive its unreal, impossible to play with. I'm gona have to learn how to play with a stick, which is bloody annoying

I only use the d-pad for freekicks and penalites. You pretty much have to use the analogue stick to play which is annoying.

I use the D-pad and am quite happy with my 65% success rate

I'm beginning to get used to the analogue stick but by god its stupid to play with, it's without a doubt slower, and also makes your thumb more tired than the dpad, I can't see why people would prefer it

• Advertisement

It's in a better position on the control pad. I find it unnatural playing with the d-pad due to its postioning.

Oh yeh, on the XBox I totally understand, but I can't understand why anybody would choose an XBox controller over a PS one. On the XBox you've no choice but to use it.

Advertisement