Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return of the King

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Tuesday Oct 19th: Bench day 5 of 12

Band Pull Apart (light grey)

~3x10 as warn up

Bench Press

60kg - 1x5

83kg - 6x6 ... first three ring finger on rings, second three pinky on rings

Barbell Row (deadstop from ground each rep i.e. Pendlay Row)

60kg - 6x6

---

Neck

Some curl & extension most likely - cannot remember exactly - probably standing with band

DB Raise

2.5kg - 3x8 per both front & side raise

---

Bench 83kg 6x6 with Barbell Row & stuff.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Wednesday October 20th: BJJ class #8.

Practiced Omoplata & then rolled three times. Need to get my legs into it more. At the moment I can overpower/wrestle similar level white belts to the ground and get top position but don't really know what to do from there. After this class I spent the next few days researching arm bars etc that I should be transitioning into.

Friday October 22nd: Squat day 6 of 12, Bench day 6 of 12 & Deadlift day 3 of 12

Calf Raise

3x10

GHR

3x10

SSB

52kg - 1x7

62kg - 1x7

72kg - 1x7

---

Bench Press

60kg - 1x5

88kg - 4x5 ... first two sets slingshot (to save shoulders for BJJ) with ring finger on rings, last two sets without slingshot and with pinky on rinks

---

Deadlift

60kg - 1x5

100kg - 1x3

120kg - 1x2

140kg - 2x5 ... with straps to save grip for BJJ, no belt

---

Ab Wheel

3x5

Neck

band rotation curl & extension

---

Combined Squat, Bench & Deadlift into a single 1 hour session instead of three separate 1 hour sessions. Used slingshot for some Bench sets & straps for top Deadlift sets - to lessen damage and aid recovery for BJJ. Also reduced volume on al the Big 3 top worksets.

Post edited by BossArky on

Saturday October 23rd: BJJ class #9.

Recapped Omoplata plus various other associated drills. After class rolled for a couple rounds with blue belt and one of the more experienced white belts. Sticking to the basics and trying to pass guard. Didn't get a chance to try potential arm bar or omoplata in actual rolls. Just a sweaty scramble of lapels, chokes & power struggle. Didn't get submitted but didn't get far either apart for holding off opponents as they experimented.

Monday October 25th: Squat day 7 of 12 & Bench day 7 of 12

Calf Raise

3x10

GHR

3x10

Squat

60kg - 1x5

100kg - 1x3

115kg - 1x5 ... top workset

110kg - 1x5 ... dropset #1

100kg - 1x5 ... dropset #2

---

Bench Press

60kg - 1x5

80kg - 1x3

93kg - 4x4 ... first two sets slingshot (to save shoulders for BJJ) with ring finger on rings, last two sets without slingshot and with pinky on rinks

---

Ab Wheel

3x5

Neck

band rotation curl & extension

---

Combined Squats (115kg x5 topset) and Bench (93kg x4 topset).

Looking forward to the extra day of recovery.

• Advertisement

Monday October 26th: BJJ class #10.

Recapped various setups: Kimura & Armbar.

Then got into various positions where the top/bottom had 1 minute to submit/escape from the following before swop: Closed Guard, Half Guard, Full Mount, Back.

Whilst successfully maintaining my closed guard with a partner for the 1 min duration I must have tweaked something around the left upper mid rib area. Didn't hurt doing the drill... but afterwards I couldn't put any pressure on it and had to sit out the last half of the class watching as any light contact was painful.

Friday October 29th: Squat day 8 of 12 & Deadlift day 4 of 6.

Calf Raise

3x10

GHR

3x10

---

SSB Front Squat

32kg - 1x5

42kg - 1x5

52kg - 1x5

62kg - 1x5

72kg - 1x5 ... nice sensation and new Squat variation

---

Bench Press

60kg - 1x1 ... with sling shot... stopped as ribs sore

---

Deadlift

60kg - 1x5

100kg - 1x5

130kg - 1x5

**add belt, add straps to save grip for BJJ**

150kg - 1x5 ... fine. Rib survived

---

Managed SSB Front Squat and Deadlift ok - but couldn't Bench due to whatever I've done to my ribs/surrounding muscles/tendons at BJJ.

Took a few more days off after the above, then went to hospital for an x-ray as pain wasn't subsiding. Nothing obvious showed up as broken. Doc told me to take one month off strenuous exercise.

Typing this now a week after the BJJ session that tweaked it and still sore. Probably about 50% healed - whatever it was.

Monday Nov 1st: Squat day 9 of 12

Calf Raise

3x10

45DBR

3x10

---

Squat

40kg - 1x5

60kg - 1x5

90kg - 1x3

110kg - 1x9 ... top set. Fine

90kg - 1x9

60kg - 1x9

---

DB Clean (standing) ... for shoulder pre/rehab

1.5kg per arm - ~2x10

4kg per arm - ~2x10

---

The aim today was to train something without rib/chest pain. Got through Squats alright with a bit of tenderness as weight transfers down through shoulders/arms into torso. Top set 110kg x9 and then a couple of back off sets of 9 on both 90 and 60kg.

Felt good afterwards.

Wednesday November 3rd: BJJ class #11.

Went back to BJJ & took it easy by just doing the warm up and then acting like a dead body for someone to perform Kimura drill setup on me. Rib/chest aggravated slightly by warm up and generally lying on back with head/legs off grounds. It seems that all the core muscles connecting onto ribs and putting pressure somewhere that doesn't want it. Got an ultra sound coming up in a few days and will see then what the story is.

Otherwise - was good to be back at the class. There were lots of people. In particular a small female blue belt who dominated all the larger white belts (including the usual guys I would roll with where we'd go 110% killing each other). As I sat on the sidelines watching the violent newbie rolling it looked bad - and I was wondering why I signed up for this new sport. Anyway - I'm in it now and will keep going.

Friday November 5th: Squat day 10 of 12 & Deadlift day 5 of 6.

Calf Raise

1x5, 1x10, 1x15

GHR

1x5, 1x10, 1x15

---

SSB Front Squat

37kg - 1x5

47kg - 1x6

57kg - 1x7

67kg - 1x8

77kg - 1x7 ... was aiming for 9 (to increase reps each set as weight increasing) but abs cramping so called it quits at 7 to save something for Deadlift afterwards

---

Deadlift

70kg - 1x5

110kg - 1x3

140kg - 1x2 ... added belt, double overhand

160kg - 1x3 ... top workset. Added straps to save grip for BJJ. Bit slow as was minding rib, but got the reps fine.

---

Plate Pinch Shrugs (i.e. grip & shoulders at once)

5kg plate per arm - 3x20

---

Neck Flex

Curl: 5kg - 3x20

Extension: 5kg - 3x20

---

Rev Fly

1.5kg - 3x10

2.5kg - 3x10

4kg - 3x10

---

DB Curl

1.5kg - 3x10

2.5kg - 3x10

4kg - 3x10

---

Very happy to get the above training in given that I'm still working around tender rib area.

SSB Front Squat 77kg x7 top set. Was aiming for 9 reps but abs felt like they were about to cramp up so called it quits to save something for Deadlift after. Dog blanket across shoulders on SSB to avoid feeling ruff. Some minor irritation on top of right one. Maybe BJJ. Maybe SSB. Maybe falling apart.

Deadlift 160kg x3 with straps to save grip for BJJ. Alright. Rib a bit tender so taking it slowly to avoid straining anything further.

• Advertisement

Saturday November 6th: BJJ class #12.

Took it very easy again due to rib area. Did some light warm up and technique work. Highlight was learning De la Riva helicopter sweep. Felt like a hero in a half shell spinning. Both my training partner and I took many a clumsy kick to the groin. Think I farted in his face once too.

Had an ultra sound later that evening. Sonographer seemed to think there was nothing obvious regarding any internal organs and suggested that the next step may be an MRI to see if there is a torn muscle (as X-Ray last week didn't show broken rib).

Monday Nov 8th: Squat day 11 of 12

Calf Raise

3x10

45DBR

1x5, 1x10, 1x15

---

Lunge (static)

bodyweight - 3x5 per leg

---

Squat

60kg - 1x5

80kg - 1x3

100kg - 1x2

120kg - 1x5 ... top set. Fine. Added belt

100kg - 1x5 ... dropset #1

80kg - 1x5 ... dropset #2. Removed belt

---

Neck Flex (grey band)

Ext Rotation ~60 secs

Curl Rotation ~60 secs

Left Rotation ~60 secs

Right Rotation ~60 secs

---

Used a thumbless Squat grip to slightly remove pressure of bar down through shoulders and into rib area. Seemed to help and got through workout without aggravating the area further.

Good unremarkable session in the bank to avoid regression.

Monday November 8th: BJJ class #13.

Learned sweep from Kimura. Cool move. Warmed up and then spent the rest of time working technique.

Wednesday November 10th: BJJ class #14.

Learned Americana for first time amongst recapping Kimura, Sweep from Kimura & Arm Bar setup.

Friday November 12th: Squat day 12 of 12 & Deadlift day 6 of 6.

Calf Raise

3x20

GHR

1x5, 1x10, 1x15

---

Lunges

bodyweight - 1x10 per leg (?, cannot remember really, just warming up for Squats)

---

SSB Front Squat

42kg - 1x3

52kg - 1x3

62kg - 1x3

72kg - 1x3

82kg - 1x3 .. top set. Fine. Beltless.

---

Deadlift

70kg - 1x5

110kg - 1x3

130kg - 1x2

150kg - 1x1 ... double overhand. Grip gave out just a fraction before lock out. Not bad for double overhand. Added belt for this set

170kg - 1x3 ... top workset. Added straps to save grip for BJJ. Looked sloppy / hitched on video. I blame straps as grip/forearm lack of tightness causing leakage through rest of form

70kg - 3x5 ... fatgripz & beltless for grip training

---

Plate Pinch Shrugs (i.e. grip & shoulders at once)

5kg plate per arm - 1x20

10kg plate per arm - 1x20

15kg plate per arm - 1x20 (i.e. squeezing the 5kg and 10kg plates together)

---

Neck Flex

Curl: 2.5kg - 1x20, 5kg - 1x20, 10kg - 1x20

Extension: 2.5kg - 3x20

---

DB Overhead Press

1.5kg per arm - 1x10

4kg per arm - 1x10

6kg per arm - 1x10

8kg per arm - 1x10

10kg per arm - 1x10

---

Barbell Press

20kg - 1x10 ... 5 in front, 5 behind neck

25kg - 1x10 ... 5 in front, 5 behind neck

30kg - 1x10 ... 5 in front, 5 behind neck

---

One Arm Row (light grey band, 3 variations: normal row, high elbows, straight arm overhead)

3x10 per arm ... on each variation. Testing rib. Fine.

---

One Arm Press (light grey band, 2 variations: bench ROM & then incline)

3x10 per arm ... on each variation. Testing rib. Fine

---

Happy enough to get through all that without aggravating rib area.

SSB Front Squat up to 82kg x3 was solid, followed by Deadlift 170kg which is looking sloppy on video. Will dump straps next cycle and get back to keeping tight & building muscle all over.

Tried out some overhead pressing to test rib. Was fine. Followed it up with some Bench rom and incline with light bands. Again fine. Hopefully this rib will be settled down fully in coming weeks and I can get back to proper training.

Saturday November 13th: BJJ class #15.

First time rolling for 2.5 weeks. Got heart rate up to ~140 (vs max 120 yesterday during lifting).

Technique beforehand included various side controls (i.e. both right arm and right leg of opponent, transitioning to knee on belly, then side control with underhook.

Monday November 15th: Deload

Calf Raise

5x10

45DBR

5x10

---

Lunge (static)

bodyweight - 3x5 per leg ... second set with front foot on one bumper, third set with front foot on two bumpers for greater ROM

---

Front Squat ... bodybuilder grip

20kg - 1x3

30kg - 1x3

40kg - 1x3

50kg - 1x3

60kg - 1x3

70kg - 1x3 ... ohhh these felt good. Possibly the best Front Squats I've done. Right through the quads.

---

Squat ... beltless, thumbless & wide grip with little finger almost to rings to take stress off ribs as a precaution

80kg - 1x3 ... so easy after warming up with Front Squats above.

90kg - 1x3 ... so light

100kg - 1x3 ... fine

---

Barbell Row

20kg - 1x5

30kg - 1x5

40kg - 1x5

50kg - 3x5

---

DB Bench ... warm up for actual Bench Press below

1.5kg per arm - 1x10

4kg per arm - 1x10

6kg per arm - 1x10

---

Bench Press

20kg - 1x10

30kg - 1x10

40kg - 1x10

50kg - 1x10 ... top set to get the feel of Benching again

---

Belt Squat

+5kg - 1x10

+10kg - 1x10

+15kg - 1x10

+20kg - 1x10

---

Neck Flex (grey band)

Ext Rotation ~60 secs

Curl Rotation ~60 secs

Left Rotation ~60 secs

Right Rotation ~60 secs

---

DB Curl

6kg per arm - 3x10

---

Front Squats worked up to 70kg x3. That top set felt so good - like best front squats ever. Kept tight and felt the load going right through the quads.

First time doing Barbell Rows and Bench for three weeks. Breaking back into them gradually to see how rib area holds up. Felt ok on Barbell Row but then started to feel it slightly on Bench so cut the worksets to just one top set on 50kg x10 instead of the planned 3. Will see how things feel in next few days when the DOMS settles.

Set up the Belt Squat by stacking 3 bumpers (2 reds, 1 blue) under one foot and standing on bottom of stairs with other foot. Worked surprisingly well. Well load it heavier next time. Today was getting used to the ROM/balance/movement.

Post edited by BossArky on

Monday November 15th: BJJ class #16.

Practiced another arm bar setup which I found more tedious than the one I learned in recent weeks. This involved taking the armbar on the arm on the side that the guy on ground was pushing you off from full mount.

Rolled twice at the end: first with a total newbie where I showed him full mount, side control and just told him to avoid getting into those situations... and secondly with a guy who started about 1 week before me... but dosen't come regularly so I've probably got double the experience of him now. Totally dominated him by getting to both full mount and side control. Basically lay on him for a few mins & tried to get him in Americana but didn't get him to tap. Need to work on the angle. Was a bit tentative and didn't want to cause an injury.

Rib area holding up fine.

Wednesday November 17th: BJJ class #17.

Technique: escape from full mount with two options:

1) bumping attacker up overhead and wedging defenders legs under their arm pits to kick them off (overhead direction)

2) bumping attacker straight up in air away from defenders chest and wedging defenders legs under their arm pits to kick them backwards (down towards defenders ankles direction).

Rolled 4 times and got my first legit submission which made me happy:

1) Got the better of a slightly larger guy who back on day 1 was trying to kill me. Today the boot was on the other foot & I managed to get him on his back for most of the roll via either full mount or side control.

2) Lighter more flexible guy (who loaned me a gi about a month ago when I didn't have one on day 2). I was stronger and could pass his guard by pinning down his leg with my knee... but he was so flexible he could always get the other leg/knee into my chest and keep me away. He also got me with a good sweep and ended up on top where I took a few secs to get breath back. He basically schooled me.

3) Rolled with a lighter female around 55-60kg. She allowed me to Americana her (my new go-to move, as it is simple) a few times. I then got her to attack me and peeled her off easily and got into full mount before time was up. She was about to show me some other attacks from full mount but time was up.

4) Final roll was where I got my submission. Larger guy, maybe 90-95kg. He probably started around same time as me, but dosen't come as often. We had a good back and forth. Managed to get him on his back a few times. Once he reversed the situation before I swept him again (DeLaRiva sweep/hooks) and then got on top of him and got in a speedy Americana on this right arm to make him tap. In his defense he probably didn't have a clue about the incoming submission and my attacking his arm until it was too late. Was happy with myself though to get the first opponent tap after about 6 weeks training.

Rib area about 95% better I'd say. Can still feel it slightly and told opponents not to knee me there. But, dosen't seem to impact any pulling/pushing motions anymore. I.e. could commando crawl and sprawl with no pain.

Fitbit tells me I burned ~500+ cals during the above.

Friday November 19th: Deload mess about

Lunges

bodyweight - 3x5 per leg ... front foot on first step of stairs

---

Split Squat

bodyweight - 3x5 per leg ... rear foot on bench. Raising front foot from nothing to one bumper, then two bumpers as sets progressed

---

Front Squat

40kg - 1x5

50kg - 1x5

60kg - 1x5

Chin Up (parallel grip)

+0kg - 1x5

+2.5kg - 1x5

+5kg - 1x5

---

Squat (beltless)

70kg - 1x5

80kg - 1x5

90kg - 1x5

Floor Press

20kg - 1x5

50kg - 1x5

70kg - 3x5 ... bit uncomfy on right shoulder which is getting over some kind of strain

External Rotation (light black band, standing)

3x10 per arm ... felt nice. First time doing these in years

---

Deadlift (beltless)

60kg - 1x5

100kg - 3x8 ... worksets, fine.

Overhead Press (standing)

20kg - 1x5 in front & then 1x5 behind neck

30kg - 1x5 in front & then 1x5 behind neck

40kg - 1x5 in front & then 1x5 behind neck

---

Neck Flex

+5kg - 1x10

+10kg - 1x10

+15kg - 1x10

---

Barbell Curl

20kg - 1x10

25kg - 1x8

30kg - 1x5

---

Probably did way too much stuff during the above and feeling drained the past 2 days because of it. Split Squats felt good, as did the light band External Rotations. The rest was trying to get in as much compound stuff as possible on my second of two lifting days. Will see going forwards if I break it down into more smaller chunks throughout the week.

• Advertisement

Saturday November 20th: BJJ class #18.

Technique: Americana from bottom whilst someone has you in side control... but grabbing their wrist behind your head.

Rolling: Two rounds.

1) First one was untimed and went long. Thought it would never end. A blue belt coming back from national championships was experimenting on me. I probably held up better than usual against him. But tough going.... about 4 rolls with him go go go continually.

2) Second roll was with a Serbian (?) new guy who was bigger and built from granite. I carelessly let him get on top into side control just for variety as I thought I'd have him... but then couldn't budge him off me and we circled around circle after circle on the ground for a couple mins with my back glued to mat. He tried for an arm bar - which I got out of. Then my head ended up north south between his thighs. Not sure whether it was intentional on his behalf or not - but i tapped as was knackered.

Sunday November 21st - Bench day 1 of ?

Barbell Row

20kg - 1x5

40kg - 1x5

60kg - 5x5

External Rotation (light black band, standing)

3x10 per arm

Bench Press

20kg - 1x5

40kg - 1x5

60kg - 5x5

---

DB Bench

22kg per arm - 3x10 ... nice pump

---

DB Curl ... one arm at a time, the other arm holding onto plate tree and stretching out opposite pec. Felt good

12kg per arm - 3x10

---

As per previous thoughts in recent log - wanted to bring this upperbody stuff onto its own day so tomorrows Squats are a much shorter session. Did a simple 5x5 back and forth on Barbell Rows and Bench Press. Rib area felt ok. Just taking it easy and keep weights low. Have time to build up in coming weeks.

Serious pump from the DB Bench.

Pec stretch during DB curl felt so good.

Prior to the above I was practicing the various BJJ Solo drills in part 1 of the 4 part John Danaher BJJ solo drills series (available free at following link: https://bjjfanatics.com/products/self-master-solo-bjj-training-drills-by-john-danaher )

• power shrimp
    • bridging
    • scooting

Monday November 22nd: Squat day 1 of ?

Lunges

bodyweight - 3x5 per leg ... front foot on first step of stairs

---

Split Squat

bodyweight - 3x5 per leg ... rear foot on bench

---

Squat

60kg - 1x5

100kg - 3x5

Neck Flex (grey band)

Ext Rotation - 3x20

Curl Rotation - 3x20

Left Rotation - 3x20

Right Rotation - 3x20

---

Squat 100kg 3x5 beltless after various lunges and split squats. Stood for a long time before final Squat set just enjoying the tingling in my quads from the work already done (Lunges, Split Squat, Squat). Love that feeling when you mix things up and hit different fibres and can feel muscles going wtf.

Some good upperbody DOMS from yesterday.

It was wise to break yesterday and today into two distinct manageable sessions.

Monday November 23rd: BJJ class #19.

Technique: Rolling from seated (outside one leg of standing opponent) to getting hooks inside both their legs (you are in the middle under them), then continuing roll out the otherside. Got the hang of it towards the end. Could do with more hamstring flexibility. Practised on the wall too.

Rolled twice:

1) with new guy. Got him on his back about 3 times. He is quite strong though and had to grab his leg to push him over (vs. other people who just fall over much easily when you charge them)

2) with a more experienced guy. He got me a few times. This guy is the fellow who I've seen having some seriously violent rolls with others so was good to confront that nervousness head on. I managed to get him on his back a couple of times but each time he could almost get me into a triangle choke or similar. Seems to have much greater leg dexterity and was like going against an octopus.

Wednesday November 25th: BJJ class #20.

Technique: base ball choke. So bruised from this on the pectorals from partners elbows as I type this the next day.

Rolled three times:

1) for the first time from stand up with a guy who announces he is a judo black belt just as we fist bump. Lol.

2) with crazy guy who always goes 110%. This is the guy who was kicking the legs off me in first class as I was walking away after successful opening his guard. Got him on this back and probably got the best of him in general.

3) older brother of the guy from #2 above. I told him that he should seek vengeance on behalf of his bro. Got the better of him most of the roll too.

Totally destroyed physically now. Sore shoulder for the past few weeks just keeps getting aggravated from rolling and whatever else. Also strained something like left SI in lower back when at home stretching out after a day of being hunched over. Really need some time off in a cryogenic stasis chamber to recover.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭TheSegal

Some great progress of the last few months BossArky, haven't been on boards in a while. Cool to see the BJJ updates added in, how do you find all of the lifting with training? I find rolling an absolute nightmare the day after squatting/deadlifting

Sunday November 28th: Lower - deload / do something

Calf Raise

3x10

GHR

3x10

---

Lunge

3x5 per leg ... normal with both feet on ground

3x5 per leg ... front foot on bottom step of stairs for greater ROM. Feels great in front foot quad

Bulgarian Split Squat

2x10 per leg ... rear foot elevated on bench

---

Neck Flex (grey band)

Ext Rotation - ~1x20-30

Curl Rotation - ~1x20-30

Left Rotation - ~1x20-30

Right Rotation - ~1x20-30

Ext Nods - ~1x20-30

Ext Curls - ~1x20-30

---

Skipped BJJ class yesterday. Need to allow right shoulder and left lower back (SI joint? QL muscle spasm?) to recover fully. Today in gym was light accessory stuff to keep moving. Got an MRI booked on Monday evening to see what the story is with shoulder. Have been taking anti inflammatories for the past couple of days and some strong painkillers. Feeling a bit better now after a few days off. Body not used to this level of ongoing damage with limited recovery time.

So, in gym today hit legs and neck. Felt good afterwards.

I'm still trying to find the optimal balance. Body battered from doing too much.

Since taking up BJJ 7 weeks ago (over 20 sessions) I've thus far had:

• 3 x-rays (left side chest for ribs, right shoulder, lower left back)
    • 1 ultra sound (left side chest)
    • 1 MRI planned (tomorrow, for shoulder)
    • many bruises (everywhere)
    • much medication (painkillers & anti inflammatories)

I really want to keep the BJJ up - but its crazy amount of damage the body is taking just for the sake of struggling for a random win in rolls against a randomer off the street at class who won't be seen again.

BJJ is social (which I enjoy following the past 18 months of WFH) but not sure it is sustainable. Way too much risk. Like how many more classes before I really cause myself some serious damage? I do enjoy the high intensity interval training effect from rolling tho. Leaned out a bit since taking it up.

Powerlifting was so much easier, calmer and didn't totally destroy me.

Let's see how things go.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,796 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

The better you get at bjj, the easier you have to work. It’ll become less frantic during rolling when you learn to relax and you have more knowledge. You shouid pm Mellor on here. He’s a decent purple or brown belt who mixes it with weight lifting as far as I know and he could offer you good advice

• Advertisement

Tuesday November 30th: Deadlifts day 2 of ?

Calf Raise

3x10

GHR

3x10

---

Deadlift

70kg - 1x5

110kg - 3x8 ... beltless & double overhand

DB Shoulder Press ... left arm only

1.5kg - 1x10

4kg - 1x10

6kg - 1x10

12kg - 1x10

14kg - 1x10

16kg - 1x10

18kg - 1x10

---

Neck Flex

Curl: 5kg - 3x20

Extension: 5kg - 3x20

---

Deadlift 110kg - 3x8. Felt heavy. Looking forward to being fully healed up so I can get back to training productively.

Weighted myself a couple days ago and was 80kg on the dot. That is down about 2kg from when I started BJJ. I'd estimate 1kg lost is fat and the other muscle.

Did this session to keep thinking over as right shoulder heals up. Had MRI last night and will find out in a few days what the story is. Gradually feeling better but still a bit achey so want to give it the best chance of recovery... hence just left arm DB overhead press above.

Advertisement