Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return of the King

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Sunday Aug 3rd:

Bike 16.9km
    ---

Cycled to the zoo and back. Sun was shining and it looks like summer is back for the next 9 months.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Sweet depth man! Some sexy shoes too!

Haha, cheers. Excited to see what happens when I try to front squat in them too. Should get even more depth.

Sunday Aug 10th:

Bike 12.7km
    ---

Exploring a new route.

Monday August 11th: Squat - Smolov Cycle 1 Day 5 of 12

Squat
    20kg - 1x5
    40kg - 1x5
    60kg - 1x5
    80kg - 1x3
    95kg - 1x1 ... easy & heaviest beltless rep I've ever done. Thank you new shoes for upright posture
    *belt*
    105kg - 4x9 ... alrighty
    ---
    Prowler (280m, frames weighs ~57kg)
    frame + 60kg - up & back (i.e. 2x20m)
    frame + 50kg - up & back (i.e. 2x20m)
    frame + 40kg - up & back (i.e. 2x20m)
    frame + 30kg - up & back (i.e. 2x20m)
    *couple of mins pause to spot someones Squat*
    frame + 20kg - up & back (i.e. 2x20m)
    frame + 10kg - up & back (i.e. 2x20m)
    frame + 00kg - up & back (i.e. 2x20m)
    ---

First time using my new oly shoes. Adductors too a beating during the first set due to new stance. Totally cramped up after first set. Didn't think I'd manage any more sets. Did however.. and got through all 4 fine. Felt way more upright. Managed to keep hand totally around the bar instead of my usual thumbs off grip (i.e. slightly more hi-bar than low bar).

Squats felt really messy, but apparently they looked good according to others. One guy commented how the oly shoes really opened up my hips & how I'm sure to PR in the next comp due to a much better Squatting form. We'll see. Looking forward to getting in more practice in the shoes.

Tuesday August 12th: Smolov Jr. Cycle 6 - Bench Day 5 of 12

Bench (all paused)
    20kg - 1x6
    60kg - 1x5
    80kg - 1x3
    86.5kg - 6x6 ... ok, given that I haven't benched in 10 days
    *slingshot*
    100kg - 1x3
    105kg - 1x3
    110kg - 1x1 ... fine

Barbell Curl
    20kg - 3x10 ... supersets with first three bench work sets

Lat Pulldown
    plate 11 - 3x10

One Arm DB Row
    27.5kg - 3x10 ... slightly higher bench than usual so weight didn't touch ground between rep
    ---
    Face Pulls
    plate 3 - 3x10

DB Bench
    25kg per arm - 3x10
    ---
    DB Bench Shoulder Press
    15kg per arm - 2x10
    12.5kg per arm - 1x10 ... dropped down 2.5kg on last set to ensure I got all the reps
    ---
    Lat Raise
    1kg per arm - 1x10 ... yup, 1kg!
    2kg per arm - 1x10
    3kg per arm - 1x10
    ---

Bench was fine. Legs in bits from Squatting yesterday & my new shoes. Used the shoes for benching too. Don't plan on using them going forwards for bench, just wanted to see what they felt like and break them in with a couple more hours of wear so I'll be more comfy next time I squat in them.

Did some crazy light lat raises at the end. Will increase these as the weeks go by. Just wanted to get a feel for this exercise as I never do it.

• Advertisement

Thursday August 14th: Squat - Smolov Cycle 1 Day 6 of 12

Squat
    20kg - 1x5
    40kg - 1x5
    60kg - 1x5
    80kg - 1x3
    100kg - 1x1 ... easy & heaviest ever beltless rep. Everything high bar up to here. Video'd this.
    *belt*
    112.5kg - 5x7 ... went back to low bar here as the scab on the back of my shoulder from Mondays high bar was being opened up. Video'd all of these
    ---
    Front Squat
    60kg - 1x5
    70kg - 3x5 ... video'd all of these

Glute Ham Raise
    3x8
    ---
    Prowler (200m, frames weighs ~57kg)
    ---

The point of today was to get through the sets and figure out best stance in new shoes. Felt really awkward on first couple of Squat worksets. Realized I hadn't done my usual warm up (hip flexor & quads). Did them and felt better / less tight from set 3 onwards.

None of the video's look particularly good in my mind. Need more experience in the shoes before I settle into a groove.

BossArky wrote: »
    Thursday August 14th: Squat - Smolov Cycle 1 Day 6 of 12

Squat
    100kg - 1x1 ... easy & heaviest ever beltless rep. Everything high bar up to here. Video'd this.

*belt*
    112.5kg - 5x7 ... went back to low bar here as the scab on the back of my shoulder from Mondays high bar was being opened up. Video'd all of these

4th of these 5 sets was video'd from the side so as to assess depth better. Hard to tell from the front

T
    Front Squat
    60kg - 1x5
    70kg - 3x5 ... video'd all of these

2nd of 3 sets on 70kg was video'd from the side so as to assess depth better. Hard to tell from the front

Friday August 15th: Smolov Jr. Cycle 6 - Bench Day 6 of 12

Bench (all paused)
    20kg - 1x6
    60kg - 1x5
    80kg - 1x3
    91.5kg - 7x5 ... fine. Video'd last set which was easy. 5th of 7 sets was the most dodgy. Right arm lagged slightly at lock out. Made up for it on sets 6 & 7 by smashing them
    *slingshot*
    100kg - 1x3
    107.5kg - 1x3
    112.5kg - 1x1 ... fine

Pull Ups (parallel grip)
    bodyweight - 1x5 ... moved on to lat pull downs afterwards as too much elbow aggravation doing these with heavy bench the day after Squats.

Barbell Curl

Lat Pulldown
    plate 11 - 3x10

One Arm DB Row
    30kg - 3x10 ... probably should go lighter on this and use slightly better form as it's supposed to be easy assistance to get the blood flowing
    ---
    Face Pulls
    plate 2 - 3x10 ... down a plate from 3. Easier. Just want something light here

DB Bench (slight incline, 15 degrees)
    20kg per arm - 3x10
    ---

Wow - triceps were in bits coming into the above bench session. The week away on hols combined with absolutely pummeling them on first day back on Tuesday had me feeling like ebola level DOMS was eating me from the inside out. Got through it fine and pretty happy with how strong I ended the benching.

Friday August 15th: Smolov Jr. Cycle 6 - Bench Day 6 of 12

Bench (all paused)
    91.5kg - 7x5 ... fine. Video'd last set which was easy. 5th of 7 sets was the most dodgy. Right arm lagged slightly at lock out. Made up for it on sets 6 & 7 by smashing them
    ---

Wow - triceps were in bits coming into the above bench session. The week away on hols combined with absolutely pummeling them on first day back on Tuesday had me feeling like ebola level DOMS was eating me from the inside out. Got through it fine and pretty happy with how strong I ended the benching.

Saturday August 16th: Deadlift

Sumo Deadlift (no belt)
    *off small block*
    70kg - 1x5
    100kg - 1x3
    120kg - 1x3 ... video to follow
    140kg - 1x3 ... video to follow
    160kg - 1x3 ... easy enough. Video to follow
    *back to floor*
    125kg - 8x4 ... felt harder than the 160x3! Sets 1-3 double overhand. Sets 4-8 mixed grip as was loosing the will to live.
    ---

Messed about with some heavier sumo deadlifts off a small block. Pretty easy given that sumo is hardest just off the floor. Don't really see the point of doing sumo off blocks at all to be honest... just succumbed to peer pressure and wanted to see what it felt like to have a bit of heavier weight in hands.

Happy enough to have done all my deadlifting in the past weeks beltless.

Still riddled with DOMs so cannot complain.

And there concludes my first week training 5 days per week (Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sat) in a long long time/forever.

• Advertisement

Saturday August 16th: Deadlift

Sumo Deadlift (no belt)
    *off small block*
    120kg - 1x3 ... video to follow
    140kg - 1x3 ... video to follow
    160kg - 1x3 ... easy enough. Video to follow
    ---

Messed about with some heavier sumo deadlifts off a small block. Pretty easy given that sumo is hardest just off the floor. Don't really see the point of doing sumo off blocks at all to be honest... just succumbed to peer pressure and wanted to see what it felt like to have a bit of heavier weight in hands.

Happy enough to have done all my deadlifting in the past weeks beltless.

Still riddled with DOMs so cannot complain.

Sunday August 17th:

Bike 13.1km (35mins 12secs)
    ---

Some sunday cardio.

Upper back and forearms feeling the DOMS from yesterdays deadlifting.

Monday August 18th: Squat - Smolov Cycle 1 Day 7 of 12

Squat
    20kg - 1x5
    40kg - 1x5
    60kg - 1x5
    90kg - 1x3
    110kg - 1x2 ... all beltless up to here. This set was a bit messy. Bar rolled forward at bottom of second rep
    *belt*
    120kg - 7x5 ... felt heavy. Different stance and hand position each set. First two sets terrible. Got better from third onwards.
    ---
    Prowler (280m, frames weighs ~57kg)
    frame + 60kg - up & back (i.e. 2x20m)
    frame + 50kg - up & back (i.e. 2x20m)
    ---

Writing this the day after and I've got more ebola level DOMS. Belt felt loose on Squats due to loosing a bit of fat. Will bring it in a touch soon.

Still trying to find the optimal stance and hand positioning to make the most of the new shoes. Upper back was really loose on first two sets and feet probably too wide. Brought hands in (little ringer on rings) and feet to about shoulder wide. That was my best position. Will replicate going forwards.

Prowler feeling easier. Fitness must be improving slightly. Still sweating and wheezing like a pig after.

Took my home weighing scales to the gym, but left them in car. Will compare them to calibrated gym scales tonight.

Squats from Monday night ^^

Tuesday August 19th: Smolov Jr. Cycle 6 - Bench Day 7 of 12

Bench (all paused)
    20kg - 1x5
    60kg - 1x5
    80kg - 1x3
    90kg - 1x1
    96.5kg - 8x4 ... heavy - failed the last rep of the 7th and 8th sets

Barbell Curl

Lat Pulldown
    plate 11 - 3x10

One Arm DB Row
    22.5kg - 3x10
    ---
    DB Bench (incline, 30 degrees)
    20kg per arm - 3x10

Face Pulls
    plate 2 - 3x10 ... down a plate from 3. Easier. Just want something light here
    ---

Sailing too close to the wind in terms of accumulated fatigue and calorie deficit. Too hard benching heavy the day after heavy Squats.

Will finish off this week with:

Mon (SQ)
    Tues (BP)
    Wed (off)
    Thurs (SQ)
    Fri(BP)
    Sat(DL)
    Sun (off)

... before going back to the following next week:

Mon (SQ)
    Tues (off)
    Wed (BP)
    Thurs (off)
    Fri(SQ)
    Sat(BP & DL)
    Sun (off)

Thursday August 21st: Squat - Smolov Cycle 1 Day 8 of 12

Squat
    60kg - 1x5
    90kg - 1x3
    *belt*
    110kg - 1x2
    125kg - 10x3 ... felt way too heavy for whats is only 125kg
    ---

God that was hard. Took forever. Each set felt like I was trying to triple my 1 rep max. Jesus. Shouldn't be this hard. Got through them anyway. Elbows and shoulders taking a beating. Legs feel fine.

Finally got around to comparing the weighing scales side by side in the gym. Calibrated gym scales gave a bodyweight of 86kg, whilst home scales read 83.8kg... so they've out by 2.2kg. I don't think that is a consistent 2.2kg... as it seems to vary when I hop on and off. More of an approximation. No wonder I didn't make weight last time around.

Saturday August 23rd: Smolov Jr. Cycle 6 - Bench Day 8 of 12

Bench
    20kg - 1x5
    60kg - 1x5
    80kg - 1x3
    92.5kg - 1x1 ... sore elbows/shoulders
    101.5kg - 10x3 ... incredibley painful in elbows/shoulders. Got the first 6x3, then a further 3x2 before finishing last set with just 1 rep. Feeling terribly beat up and flat

Barbell Curl
    20kg - 3x10

Lat Pulldown
    plate 10 - 3x10
    ---
    Deadlift (beltless)
    70kg - 1x5
    100kg - 1x3
    120kg - 1x3
    140kg - 4x3 ... supposed to be 7x3 but didn't have the will to live after being in the gym over three hours by this stage
    ---
    Military Press (BB)
    20kg - 1x10
    30kg - 3x10

Glute Ham Raise
    3x8
    ---
    DB Bench
    20kg per arm - 2x15
    17.5kg per arm - 1x15 ... dropped weight slightly to make sure I got 15 reps. Chest on fire after these

Ham Curl
    40kg - 3x15
    ---

Worst session in a long time. Weights feeling too heavy and I'm completly battered in the elbows and shoulders from Squatx2 and Benchx2 each week. Impossible to get all the volume in, and then try to squeeze Deadlifts in too.

Probably gonna write off this program, deload and plan for a new 8 week cycle ahead of Oct 25th comp. May keep bench similar, just knock a couple of kg off and replicate what I did ahead of last comp but at slightly lighter body weight, whilst go back to linear periodization on Deadlift and Squat.

Need to get some time in with the oly shoes. Jumping into heavier weights with Smolov reps in the new shoes is too difficult without figuring out my stance and depth.

Excuses I know. I'm really pissed off. Don't wanna just quit mid cycle, but cannot see myself surviving if I stick with the original plan.

Was also thinking about perhaps doing one of the Squat days with the safety squat bar, which would at least give me elbows/shoulders a break and allow then to recover for the next bench session. Will think further on this for a day or two.

Other option is to go 5x5 on Squat one day (mon) and Deadlift (Thurs). That would give me more volume, perhaps without killing me. Let's see.

I suppose the postives to take away from this session were:
    - it was the elbow/shoulder pain that made the benching terrible. Couldn't get tight
    - deadlifts were all beltless

edit - had to have 3 cans of soft drink during bench sets alone for the sugar... which is just stoopid.

Monday August 25th: Squat - Smolov Cycle 1 Day 9 of 12

Squat
    60kg - 1x5
    90kg - 1x3
    *belt*
    110kg - 4x9 ... good
    ---
    Ham Curl
    50kg - 3x10
    ---

Squats felt suprisingly good tonight. Smashed them out easily. A Winston Churchill quote sprang to mind after the successful Squats - "when you're going through hell, keep going" :pac:

I've decided to stick to my guns on the Squat (i.e. keep going with half pace Smolov up until competition on Oct 25th). I incremented Squats by 5kg for this 3rd of 3 waves of the first cycle ....Wave 2 was +10kg, Wave 3 was +5kg wave 2. I'll then restart a second cycle 5kg up on the initial one which should see me peak at 135kg 10x3 ahead of comp.

Wore elbow sleeves which are two sizes smaller than my usual ones whilst Squatting. Seemed to help with a bit more stability and compression. Just means the pain moves from elbows to shoulders. Was pretty painful dull ache in shoulders after each set of Squats, but I survived.

For bench I'm gonna subtract a TBD number of kgs (4? 9?) from the half pace smolov for the next 4 sessions/2weeks. This will give me time to deload before ramping up for the last 6 week cycle. In retrospect it was too much to expect to keep powering on at higher intensity post comp whilst loosing weight and adding cardio. Undecided on whether I'll attempt to equal what I did ahead of last comp (peaking at 102.5kg 10x3) or go higher or lower by 2.5kg. I'm kinda leaning towards the weight peaking at 100kg 10x3, but pausing all 12 sessions (vs. just pausing everything but the 10x3s which is what I'm currently doing). Touch & Go is easier, but wrecks me badly.

Not too sure what I'll do for Deadlift. Maybe just a few sets at the end of one of the bench days - probably Friday). Need to keep it low key as main focus is bringing up Squat.

Wednesday August 27th: Smolov Jr. Cycle 6 - Bench Day 9 of 12

Bench (all paused)
    20kg - 1x5
    60kg - 1x5
    80kg - 6x6
    *slingshot*
    105kg - 1x3
    115kg - 1x3
    122.5kg - 1x1 ... PR

Barbell Curl
    22.5kg - 3x10

Lat Pulldown
    plate 12 - 3x10
    ---
    Military Press (BB)
    32.5kg - 3x10

One Arm DB Row
    20kg per arm - 3x10
    ---
    DB Rev Fly
    4kg per arm - 3x10

DB Fly
    4kg per arm - 3x10
    ---
    DB Bench (30 degree incline)
    20kg per arm - 3x10
    ---

Nice to do some light benching for a change. First deload since Nov or Dec 2013? Made up for the light worksets by getting a slingshot PR. Would like to get 130kg before next comp.

Friday August 29th: Squat - Smolov Cycle 1 Day 10 of 12

Squat
    60kg - 1x5
    *belt*
    80kg - 1x3
    100kg - 1x2
    117.5kg - 5x7 ... good

BB Curl
    20kg - 3x10
    ---

Pretty happy with the Squats. Felt good and got through them in about 50 mins. Eating normally the past week which has definetly improved performance, along with dropping prowler.

• Advertisement

Saturday August 30th: Smolov Jr. Cycle 6 - Bench Day 10 of 12

Bench (all paused)
    20kg - 1x5
    60kg - 1x5
    85kg - 7x5 ... alright. Maybe should have put another warm up set in before 85kg

Barbell Curl
    20kg - 3x10

Lat Pulldown
    plate 10 - 3x10
    ---
    Sumo Deadlift (beltless)
    *off 2 inch block*
    70kg - 1x5
    100kg - 1x3
    125kg - 1x3
    145kg - 1x3
    162.5kg - 1x3
    *back to ground*
    140kg - 3x3
    ---
    One Arm DB Row (lunge stance)
    20kg per arm - 3x10

Military Press (BB)
    20kg - 1x10
    35kg - 3x10

Glute Ham Raise
    3x8

DB Bench
    20kg per arm - 3x10
    ---

Forgot to eat last night when I got home after Squats. Couldn't sleep as body was eating itself & was too tired to get out of bed for a feed. Wrecked going into todays Bench session.

Bench was light enough, but eblows a bit achey after Squats last night. Started supersetting in Deadlifts about half way through bench to save time. I think this Deadlift approach may work... 3 workset triples & one triple heavier off blocks. Will probably do the work off the ground first in future, as it feels weird pulling heavy off blocks, then going back to ground. Did everything beltless which was fine.

Training this week went well vs. the complaining I did last Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭ninamc

Do you spend a minimum of 2 hours in the gym every time? Seems to be an awful lot of work.

Yeah, usually around 2 hours. The sets of 10 assistance are pretty light though.

Monday September 1st: Squat - Smolov Cycle 1 Day 11 of 12

Squat
    50kg - 1x5
    85kg - 1x3
    107.5kg - 1x2
    *belt*
    125kg - 7x5 ... easy

Barbell Curl
    20kg - 5 or 6x10
    ---
    Ham Curl
    40kg - 3x12
    ---

Best Squats I've done in ages. 10 days ago I struggled through 10x3 at that weight where every rep felt like a 1 rep max. Tonight I did 2 extra reps per set and it felt like nothing.

Had a more hi bar position. Eblows didn't take too much of a beating which is a bonus.

Also got in a set of curls for almost every set of Squats. Lost count towards the end. Building the wheels and gunz at the same time :pac:

Wednesday September 3rd: Smolov Jr. Cycle 6 - Bench Day 11 of 12

Bench (all paused)
    20kg - 1x5
    60kg - 1x5
    80kg - 1x3
    90kg - 8x4
    *slingshot*
    107.5kg - 1x3
    117.5kg - 1x3 ... PR
    125kg - 1x1 ... PR

Barbell Curl
    20kg - 3x10

Lat Pulldown
    plate 10 - 3x10
    ---
    22.5kg per arm - 3x10

DB Bench
    20kg per arm - 3x10

Military Press (BB)
    37.5kg - 3x10
    ---

Bench worksets on 90kg were easy. Feeling good.

Slingshot bench PR with 125kg. Didn't die. Nice.

Friday September 5th: Squat - Smolov Cycle 1 Day 12 of 12

Squat
    60kg - 1x5
    *belt*
    85kg - 1x3
    110kg - 1x2
    130kg - 10x3 ... alrighty. Video'd last two sets

Barbell Curl
    20kg - ~8x10
    ---

Last day of this Squat cycle. Got through it ok. Kept the rest to maybe 7 or 8 minutes per set.

Was happy enough getting through them until video-ing the 9th set. Watched it and was pissed off with my form. Was assuming I was going deeper. Looked really borderline on playback.

With this in mind I recorded 10th set and it looks better depthwise, but still not as good as I was expecting. Would pass it a competition, but I had thought I was sinking these really deep. On the plus side, this high-bar position is still being more pleasant on my elbows.... only 50% the usual pain.

Friday September 5th: Squat - Smolov Cycle 1 Day 12 of 12

Squat
    130kg - 10x3 ... alrighty. Video'd last two sets
    ---

Last day of this Squat cycle. Got through it ok. Kept the rest to maybe 7 or 8 minutes per set.

Was happy enough getting through them until video-ing the 9th set. Watched it and was pissed off with my form. Was assuming I was going deeper. Looked really borderline on playback.

With this in my I recorded 10th set and it looks better depthwise, but still not as good as I was expecting. Would pass it a competition, but I had thought I was sinking these really deep. On the plus side, this high-bar position is still being more pleasant on my elbows.... only 50% the usual pain.

Sunday September 6th: Smolov Jr. Cycle 6 - Bench Day 12 of 12

Bench (all paused)
    20kg - 1x5
    60kg - 1x5
    80kg - 1x3
    90kg - 1x1
    95kg - 10x3 ... alrighty, but not ideal recovery when supersetting with beltless deadlifts.

Sumo Deadlift (beltless)
    70kg - 1x5
    100kg - 1x3
    125kg - 1x3
    145kg - 3x3 ... alrighty for beltless

Barbell Curl
    20kg - 3x10

Lat Pulldown
    plate 5 - 1x5 ... close grip underhand, felt weird
    plate 10 - 3x5 ... back to normal grip i.e. wide and overhand. Makes next bench sets feel way better than before
    ---
    DB Bench
    20kg per arm - 3x10

Low Row (using Lat Pulldown wide handlebar thing)
    plate 5 - 3x10 ... feels weird & crap ROM
    ---
    Military Press (BB)
    40kg - 3x10 ... easier than expected. Pumped them out pretty quickly

Glute Ham Raise
    bodyweight 3x10 ... may have done just 8 on first set
    ---

I like training on Saturdays, but these sessions are too long: combining Bench & Deadlifts.

Started supersetting in Deadlifts from the off with the Bench. Was pretty wrecked by the time I got up to the Deadlift worksets. 145kg 3x3 is the heaviest I've ever done beltless, which when combined with Bench supersets and after Squats last night isn't too bad I guess. Throw on a belt, have a bit of a Deload, stop trying to rush/kill myself... and maybe I'll PR in 7 weeks.

Bench was alright. As per the above, it would have been much better/easier if I wasn't Deadlifting during the rest periods.

That session above ^^ seems me half way through my training for the next comp. Will probably add 2.5kg or 5kg to Squat and repeat... and same with Bench.

Weighted myself on gym scales in underwear: 86.65kg. Heavier than expected, but have managed to drop a gym belt notch, and more importantly I fit back into my 34 inch work trousers... so I've lost a bit of fat. I do, however, feel the gym belt getting minutely tighter each session for the past 2 weeks as I'm gaining weight. Wanna watch that & stay where I am waistline-wise.

Monday September 8th: Squat - Smolov Cycle 2 Day 1 of 12

Squat
    60kg - 3x5 ... extra warm up sets practising wide stance
    *belt*
    80kg - 1x3
    100kg - 4x9 ... wide stance, practising hitting depth. Video'd everything except the first 60kg.

Barbell Curl (fat bar)
    25kg - ~4x10
    ---

Wide stance felt pretty strong to be honest. Just feels like I'm ripping my hips off. Video'd them all to ensure I'm hitting depth. Last set on 100kg was pretty good speed and depth-wise. Not super deep, but deep enough for comp purposes i.e. precise. I'll post videos in the next day or so when I get around to editing.

Fat bar curlz for extra gainz.

• Advertisement

Tuesday September 9th: Smolov Jr. Cycle 7 - Bench Day 1 of 12

Bench (all paused)
    20kg - 1x5
    60kg - 1x5
    77.5kg - 6x6 ... so light
    *slingshot*
    105kg - 1x3
    120kg - 1x3 ... PR. Tough enough, right on the edge.
    127.5kg - 1xFAIL. No worries, kinda expected that after the max exertions on preceding set

Barbell Curl
    20kg - 3x10

Lat Pulldown
    plate 12 - 3x10
    ---
    20kg per arm - 3x10

DB Bench
    20kg per arm - 3x10

Military Press (BB)
    41kg - 3x10
    ---

Bench worksets were easy.

Bench slingshot was fun.

Added 1kg on Military Press for the sake of stretching out the progression on 3x10 as long as possible.

Advertisement