Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael Ard Fheis 2007

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

irish_bob wrote:
    hairy mary thinks that fine gael , fianna fail and the pd,s are ultra conservative reactionaty parties
    she should take a trip abroad

in my opinion thier are no ultra right wing political partys in this country
    most partys are so central , thier a white line in the middle of the road
    compared to the republican party in the usa , the pd,s are pinko libs

thier are no ultra right wing partys in ireland because thier is no votes in being ultra right wing or ultra left wing for the most part in ireland
    politically were a very moderate people by and large , were not idealogical to the extent americans are on the right or the way the french are on the left
    and i for one applaud that in us

To an extent I'd agree (though France has a well developed right tbh), sometimes I bemoan the lack of left or right ideology in the main parties, it tends to muddy the policy waters just a bit. Though attitudes like "right wing = anti-worker" and other such nonsense goes a long way towards explaining why tbh.

Advertisement