Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving in with your Lover from Abroad

Options
  • 31-03-2007 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

My GF is thinking of moving over to Ireland, from Nth Euro'land, what tips do you have, on moving to Irelands for her?

Have you done this before?

Thanks
    Slan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Citizens Information should have what you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

well, couple of tips...(in our case, I'm the lover from abroad, but I was here before I met my boyfriend...anyways, I think I'm still qualified to make a few comments;-))

First of all, don't move in with the partner straight away - it's nicer to have your own place first (as in sharing), to meet some people, and not be totally dependent on the (local) partner - who tends to have friends here already. (this may depend on your age, and how long you've been going out and all that, but a little bit of 'independence' is always a good thing, trust me!)

Find a job, and again, make sure you make some friends that are not also your partner's friends.

Get a cheap international phone line set up, for all those calls home, and to stay in touch with your mates at home (if you're not using Skype) - 13434 has cheap rates (0.5 cent a minute...)

Same goes for a mobile phone...

Always have a backup plan if things don't work out...

Apart from that - enjoy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Yeah they need their own mates otherwise it'll wreck everyones head.

Also bear in mind you lose your charm (She only likes you cause your Irish). Now you're just a run of the mill lad so back to the "Gotta wooo" her stage

Damn women

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

(I'm funny)

Advertisement