Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gta Iv

• 31-03-2007 10:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭

Take it everyone's seen the trailer...

It seems from it that GTA IV is gonna be a lot darker...The main character seems to be very dour. The level of detail looks to be amazing though... Like... A reproduction of NY. What do yourselves think?

Bah. Damn them leaving a PC version until last.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

They always leave the PC version til last though. That might be the game to make me buy a Xbox 360. Assuming it's on Xbox of course..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

will it come out on ps2 or just ps3 and other consoles??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I only see it advertised on the Xbox 360 and PS3 at the moment. As I said in the other thread, the GTA games are pretty much the only ones I play. I thought the trailer looked good, nice graphics although I would have liked to see a bit more. That said I won't be going out to buy a console, I'll wait for the PC version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,037 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ruu wrote:
    I'll wait for the PC version.
    Seconded!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I doubt it will be a faithful reproduction of Manhattan, it will include alot of the cities' characteristics & landmarks to give it the feel of NYC, but an actual reproduction would be restrictive and they couldn't create something spectatular like they usually do. However I could be wrong. I like the new darker feel to the game, thank god they didn't use a European location.

The water in the trailer is incredible, and the real-time lighting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Funkstard wrote:
    thank god they didn't use a European location.
    Why? I would have liked to get out of North America for a change. Europe, Asia or maybe even South America would've been nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Sure how long were we waiting for San andreas to come out on teh PC? I recall taking a loan of a friends PS2 and actually buying the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

TBH the graphics look allright , my mind wasnt exactly blown by any standards. But regardless of how well the graphics turn out , if the actual game is made with all the depth of san andreas it wont be any good at all. What I would like to see is a remastered GTA III because really it has been a slippery slope since then. I may buy a new gen console for this game though dont know which one and I'd have to say i'd be sceptical enough to wait til i have had a good play of it first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

basquille wrote:
    Seconded!
    Thirded... (if that is a word)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

An Asian country would have been nice - plenty of mafia, movie references and darkness.

I think they'll have to do a lot of work to make Liberty City feel like a 'city' though.

The more I think about it, the more interesting the new character will be, much more interesting than the GTA III, and hopefully Tommy too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

tokyo would of been the best pick tbh.

hopefully they can maintain those graphics at a decent enough frame rate this is what worries me the most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Yeah, I mean, I wouldn't mind not having the top of the range graphics if it meant better playability tbh.

Tokyo would be brilliant actually.

Tokyo would be good, but I don't mind New York personally. I found GTA3 the best of the last bunch. I'm slightly dissapointed that they didn't do London, but I'll settle :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 IrishHitman

Lol it would of kicked ass if Dublin was used.....but then it would be mostly a beat-em-up :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Could u imagine an international airport? ;) fly to different countries, can only hope this for future gta titles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Lol it would of kicked ass if Dublin was used.....but then it would be mostly a beat-em-up :P

Hahaha lol. Remember they made a GTA London there, I think it was the second GTA title. Anyway, had that the exact same street names as London? Or just with references to places as in other Gta titles?
    Could u imagine an international airport? fly to different countries, can only hope this for future gta titles

That would be a really good idea. But would it be possible I wonder? Imagine the amount of time it would take to complete all the places then.

Oh don't bring up that thread again :p. To be honest with you I'm very happy with the use of Liberty City for it. The city looks brilliant, we just have to wait to see what the new features are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Jakkass wrote:
    Oh don't bring up that thread again :p. To be honest with you I'm very happy with the use of Liberty City for it. The city looks brilliant, we just have to wait to see what the new features are.

Would ya have any suggestions to what they might be, or what you would like them to be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

They told us so little in the trailer, all we really know is that Liberty is one city in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

they could have based it on Intermission and the General
    radio stations would have been **** though

edit: just had a first-person image of myself breaking my tv if Tony Fenton was the dj

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

SumGuy wrote:
    radio stations would have been **** though

Oh lord, Spin 103 or whatever the feck that catpiss is called!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

who seriously thinks that they'd even consider dublin for a GTA game, there's just so many factors against it.

our gang land suck balls compared to other world cities.
    dublin is too fecking tiny and not enough world-wide recognised landmarks.

it's just a bad idea.

We've had another thread on the GTAIV in Dublin, it has been locked. Please try and keep on topic what is actually going to be in the game instead of making hypothetical examples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭JCDenton

What I'd really like to know is what the soundtrack is going to be. The setting looks pretty modern to me; maybe it's going to have an all original soundtrack?

Does the GTA series have enough credibility at this stage to get some artists to make songs for it?!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Jakkass wrote:
    Thirded... (if that is a word)

Fourthed...(definatly not a word)

JCDenton wrote:
    Does the GTA series have enough credibility at this stage to get some artists to make songs for it?!
    The sound track is meant to be funny. It's not meant to have real legitimate bands on it, it's just meant to rip the piss out of other bands most of the time.
    "All my exes live in Texas", and "F*ck you I won't do what you tell me" were personal favourites from San Andreas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭JCDenton

The Stone Roses' "Fools Gold" wasn't funny!

I think the songs are moreso meant to capture the sound of the decade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

Jakkass wrote:
    The sound track is meant to be funny. It's not meant to have real legitimate bands on it, it's just meant to rip the piss out of other bands most of the time.
    "All my exes live in Texas", and "F*ck you I won't do what you tell me" were personal favourites from San Andreas.

Are you serious?
    They're both real songs... In fact the soundtrack has 95% real bands on it.

Dunno who does "All my Ex's live in Texas", it's a real song though.

The other song you mention is "Killing in the Name of" by Rage Against the Machine.

I think they only throw in very few fake songs, eg the LoveFist songs on Vice City.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭theliam

was that an april fools thing about it coming out for wii aswell? would have loved something like the hydra again, helicopters should be good though. there better still be articulated trucks, there was nothing like driving cross state in one listening to k rose

• Advertisement
Advertisement