Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Anne's - This weekend

Options
  • 31-03-2007 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi All,
    Just wondering if anyone was going to St Anne's park this weekend? I hear there are two clubs that share it. I was over last weekend but there was a club race meet on so didn't really get talking to anyone.

Is there someone in the park most weekends? What days are they there Sat? Sun or both? I think i u need to join the clubs to use the track. What time do people meet there?

Also is there anywhere closer to Celbridge where people meet for onroad cars, i hear there is a lucan club but the are mostly off roaders.

Thanks
    Gings

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

check out www.orcaireland.com the calender should be up and running even on club days you can use the track but only after the round is finished usually 3or4. there is a second club but i will admit i would be biased as im a member of orca.

during the week you can use it you will get the odd member testing and practicing but you should have free run of it. and as said before on this site if anyone asks you for money to use the track tell them where to shove it!

what kind of car do you have? ill be down there soon testing a new drift project looking forward to it, also waiting on new engine parts to get my racer back on track.

if you need any more info just give us a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Gings

Thanks project, I didnt make it down on Sunday, was working nights the night before and couldn't drag myself out of bed. Might try givin it a go this week sometime in the afternoon.

I have a hpi RS4 Evo 3 with BMW shell.

Is there a membership free with orca. someone told me that I'd have to join a club to use the track, is this the case? or can I use away at it when there are no races on. Dont want to step on anyones toes but wont be taken for a run by anyone either.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭mugenextreme

Gings, the track in Annes is used by 2 clubs for racing on most sundays and practice saturday. Sunday on a race day is really the only time to watchout for, saturdays nobody is going to stop you using the track and this might be a good time to get help from somebody at the track if you needed any most of us dont bit , well at least they shouldnt. You can try on sundays but i would advise going down in the mid to late afternoon ,depending on the turn out they should all be finishing up around 3-4 again depends on the club thats there and turn out. Orca have there next race day on the 22th of this month which will be a long day if the last day was anything to go by. Also there is a joining fee for the clubs in order to race with them, cover insurance extra.

Advertisement