Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another internet thread!

Options
  • 31-03-2007 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

Is there any way to download from rapidshare/megaupload etc.? Any time I try it, it says my download limit is exceeded, obviously because I'm sharing a connection with thousands of others...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I don't think there's anything you can do.

It's the college ip range that RS/MU gets and you're not going to be able to ransdomise that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Maybe try downloading through a proxy site. This may or may not work, and it may be incredibly slow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭StephenInsane

Try purchasing rapidshare. Problem solved.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Yep, I have no probs with rapidshare with a premium a/c.

Does uTorrent work with the UL computers? Isn't there a section for a proxy server in the options...probably doesn't.

• Advertisement

Does uTorrent work with the UL computers? Isn't there a section for a proxy server in the options...probably doesn't.

No, torrents wont work from any UL networked computer, as they have it blocked at the main firewalls

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Peteee wrote:
    No, torrents wont work from any UL networked computer, as they have it blocked at the main firewalls

Not technically true. They do work, you just need to know how. HOWEVER, they SHOULD not be used :D

440Hz wrote:
    Not technically true. They do work, you just need to know how. HOWEVER, they SHOULD not be used :D

We cant be having common people getting in on all our nerdy secrets!

Advertisement