Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

shave my armpits??

• 31-03-2007 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

hello,
    i was considering shaving my armpits or at least clipping them. is this a good idea or does it freak women out if they see a guy with shaved armpits? i'm 22, male, and go to the gym a lot and i am pretty toned up, does it help reduce perspiration?
    thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Well the hair is there to collect the sweat. So unless you don't mind the sweat just dribbling down your torso, fire away :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 byrnemx

what do the gal's think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Wah! I think I would be very disturbed if my man shaved his armpits!
    I think a clipping might be acceptable.
    But shaving is defo a no-no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭DeiseGal

Defo No, No....... complete turnoff as it would make you look too vain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

It wouldn't bother me to be honest.

Each to their own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Wouldn't do it myself. What harm does it do? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Wouldn't do it myself. What harm does it do? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭Clarehobo

DeiseGal wrote:
    Defo No, No....... complete turnoff as it would make you look too vain.

Have to agree: guys that shave chests, arm pits, etc... come across as vain.

By all means tidy it up - bit of tidiness never hurt anyone;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

I second what people are saying, tidy the show up, don't run it out of town!

In the grand scheme of things, I would imagine that armpit hair has a negligible effect on one's propensity to sweat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

whats the verdict on non-shaved bushy pits ????

I shave mine sometimes, but not bald like, just tidy em up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

unreggd wrote:
    whats the verdict on non-shaved bushy pits ????

I shave mine sometimes, but not bald like, just tidy em up

Why bother? Personally I want my men to look like men, not pre-pubescent boys or er, girls. Ergo, hair = good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Armpit hair can get freakishly long... IMO there's no harm in chopping a 2 or 3 inch growth back to 1 inch if it keeps things tidy.
    Shaving them off is a bit much though, unless you're some kind of serious athlete; it'd make you look like a bit of a prick.
    And think of the stubble :eek:
    Laika wrote:
    Why bother? Personally I want my men to look like men, not pre-pubescent boys or er, girls. Ergo, hair = good.
    What's your position on women shaving their pits?
    If I want my women to look like women then surely they should have big bushy armpits, hairy legs and in some cases a little fluffy tash. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

it just isn't cool for a guy to shave under his arms etc, not unless he wants to look pre-pubescent of course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭cathald

Don't do it man, a trim at most if there really long is ok!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

yea a trim would be ok but deffo don't shave it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Seconded. Bushy armpits are not good, but shaving maybe not a good step unless you really want to shave 'em.

Give them a quick trim, beard clipper on an electric shaver's good for that sort of thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

ew dont shave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

Yeah shave them and dye the back of your mullet a Wham! peroxide

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

it wouldnt make any difference to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

byrnemx wrote:
    i'm 22, male, and go to the gym a lot and i am pretty toned up, does it help reduce perspiration?
    thanks...

No it doesn't. Why would it?

I had to shave mine once, was a bit of a trip and felt odd.

Trimmed back is fine, shaved is not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

It wouldn't bother me one way or the other. BO (to which sweat collecting in hairy armpits contributes) does bother me. If you're going to have bushes under there, wash hard and often :-)

A lot of the athelete's I hang out with shave theirs as the hair can chafe (sp?) pretty badly when they run. It's practical not vanity.

Yeah, I knew some guys who shaved it off regulary for sporting reasons...

Also noticed that its a lot more common in Europe (ie Spain / Germany / etc)..
    Quite a few guys there had it done for 'fashion' reasons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Shaving anywhere other than on your head is bad. If you must remove hair then wax.
    Shaving your armpits will not reduce sweat but you may find that your antipersperant works better because it's actually hitting your skin and not just sitting on the hair. Tbh I'd rather a guy with no hair under his arms than the smell that some men give off from their hairy, sweat collecting pits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

I think it's totally ok for a guy to shave his armpits. I prob wouldn't even notice. But I do notice uber-long hair! If you think it's too long: shave it off!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

its really uncomfortable especially when the stubble growsand ya feel really sticky when sweating so dont do it. (i use to be a swimmer - thats my excuse and im sticking to it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

Surprised at the answers. See no issue with shaving them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Fantastic Kaz

No dont!!!!!!! It's creepy!!!! Yuck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭fits

Jeez... Do whatever you want! You only have to please yourself, you certainly dont have to please randomers on boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

I shave there as I don't have a body trimmer (seriously, when is using one of these classed as more manly than shaving!) and it's easier than trimming with a scissors. I only do it once every month or two so on average the hair is just neat and tidy. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

dont.do.it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 byrnemx

yea i think a bit of a tidy up is in order, i'll stay clear of the shaving. thanks a lot!!

Advertisement