Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] New to EVE

Options
  • 01-04-2007 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭

I just started the 14 day trial today.
    Ive done the tutorial and 2 of the agent missions.

I made my way to the boards.ie corp office and applied to join.

Im not really sure what to do now. Im on my way back to my home station as i type this. I might do some more agent missions and try and get some cash together so i can buy a ship.

What do you guys reccommend i do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

What's your user name and what race are you? I've a load of bantams or a few condors if you can use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

my name is brokenrage and im caldari

Im doing some mining at the Kisogo 1 - Asteroid Belt 1 in the kimotoro constellation.

so if your online come and visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

welcome to the big bad universe mate, ill drop you some isk when i log in tonight before bed, hope your enjoying the game thus far. Its a very big game to get your head around although you should be able to find some help in the irish channel from the celtic folks in eve, in between the "xelas suxs" and "f u gneez" and "i farted and smelt my own fart in front of this woman once" comments. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Dig out the instructions to find BIE corp, we can sit you up with a ship and load out (regardless if you join or not). Joining has other benefits, like not getting shot at by Boobs before they say hi. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Hobbes wrote:
    Dig out the instructions to find BIE corp
    I made my way to the boards.ie corp office and applied to join.

You always were a sharp one Hobbes :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

its too early in the morning.:)

Ok Mr Arrows your application has been processed. You just need to complete the process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

'I farted and smelt my own fart in front of this woman once'

Well I did, I was caught doing it to, mortified!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Oh Darc! Or Dark? Or Root's other alt. I always get confused with the boards names. So you're mining and stuff? You near todaki? I have some bantam.. they're handy for mining at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Ive switched from my idea to mine to fighting.

Im doing any security missions i can get from agents. Search and Destroy NPC ships etc. Doing pretty well.

nearly got owned on the last mission.

Im using a Merlin at the moment. Ive attached a screenshot of my current config:

Im training up my engineering so i can get some extra power.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

And to think, my inactive character is sitting on 100+ mil, a rigged up Drake, standings for jump clones and a nice set of implants.

I'll get to the 7 day retrial eventually :)

Also, did they gimp the Drake yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

broken switch the ammo to antimatter for close range and tungsten for longer ranges. they are the best ammo types.

if you are going caldari id go for a kestral myself as it means only training 1 combat skillset(missiles) for now, then when you move in to a cruiser take a caracal, then a drake, then a raven. then train out the gunnery skills to use the other ships. it will make your life a lot easier in the long run.

Advertisement