Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business- ONLY ONE DIRECTOR IN THE COMPANY

Options
  • 01-04-2007 1:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I have a little problem to register my business. The problem is that I don’t have 2nd director and I dont know anybody who I can trust to. Is there any way to register own business only with one director who is also a secretary? Maybe a solicitor could help? What do you reckon?

Thanks,

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

AFAIK the CRO has just completed a policy review and one of the decisions made is that companies will be able to have a single director, but I'm not sure if that's been implemented yet. Perhaps you could drop them a line and ask if it has, or when if not?

http://www.cro.ie/template_generic_level0.asp?ID=97&NavName=Contact%20us

Please let us know how you get on if you do.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

I do believe an accountant can be a non-exec director and will just charge you the admin fees envolved. Speak to your accountant.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Is it essential for you to register a company or can you operate as a sole trader under a registered business name? If it is possible for you it's a much easier way to do things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 JWilliams

Thanks Lads, I will ask CRO ASAP and I will let you know what they will say.

I have registered a business name & have received CRO's certificate already.
    Basically, I have to sign a contract with two companies ( an Irish and an American) to become their reseller in the Internet. So I feel that I don’t need more people for this enterprise at the moment.
    However I prefer to register limited company as It will be more trusted by my customers and also It will be handy for my future Internet undertakings (web designing etc )

Just two questions:

What have I achieved by registering my business name with CRO? Am I entitled to have a right of business entity? If so, what should I do now? Can I sign a contract with my suppliers?

2. Does somebody know a solicitor who arranges meetings on Saturdays?

That’s it for the moment I feel…

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

JWilliams wrote:
    What have I achieved by registering my business name with CRO?
    Very little really. It gives you the right to trade under that name, but tbh you have that anyway. You can also lodge a copy with the bank in order to accept cheques in the Registered Business Name, but some banks will do that already.
    Am I entitled to have a right of business entity?
    You already are a business entity, as a sole trader. The RBN doesn't add or take away anything.
    If so, what should I do now? Can I sign a contract with my suppliers?
    Yes, as a sole trader. Concentrate on getting the business, ask them if they're happy to deal with a sole trader; many of them will. If they're not, get a company incorporated asap.

adam

• Advertisement
Advertisement