Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Sepultura

• 01-04-2007 1:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭

Just after seeing Sepultura there this evening and despite not being a huge fan, I was highly impressed. The (relatively) new lead singer, Derrik, is the size of a small house and has awesome stage presence! The show itself was superb, the tracklist having a good mix of old stuff, new stuff (which they really put a lot of energy into playing well) and the classics.

I have to say, they really nailed some of their new tunes really well, only ever heard Dante 21 but particularly "Convicted in Life" was just savage! The new drummer seemed well up to the job too - they took a little added drum solo as the introduction to Territory and he really laid into it: heavy but very natural and rhythmical. In fact, I'd say the gig was worth the money just to hear them play Territory and Arise (heard Soulfly play Arise last year and it came nowhere close to todays version) and the only disappointment was Roots Bloody Roots, which just sounded, to be honest, as if they were a bit sick of playing it!

So, opinions? I must admit, I'm definitely going to take a listen to more of their new stuff, its a change and possibly a better direction than Soulfly!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Yep, I love the recent Sepultura stuff. The first couple of albums with Derrick were a bit hit and miss but Roorback and Dante XXI are gems, in my humble opinion. Yes, it doesn't sound like the old stuff but only **** bands stay the same. Their current direction sounds great to my old ears and I'm old enough to remember them gigging Beneath The Remains in the Top Hat. Derrick's got a fairly dynamic voice and I think he certainly does the old stuff justice. Definitely leagues ahead of Soulfly and it always baffles me when people insist on going on about a bloody reunion... apart from the most recent album, Soulfly has largely been embarassing to all concerned. Long may the current Sep lineup continue :)

Advertisement