Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!!! BF2 - pile of rubbish - keeps crashing

Options
  • 01-04-2007 3:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Has anyone had the following problem? Or does anyone know how to overcome it....

Basically when I try to start the BF2 program, the game throws up a black screen and then crashes - it is driving me mad... i only just got the game and my laptop has all the requirements specified...

Dell inspiron 630m
    Windows XP Home Edition SP2
    Intel Centrino 2.13GHz
    Memory: 1016MB RAM
    DirectX 9.0c
    Hard Drive of 90GB

I have also dowloaded and installed all the latest drivers for my graphics and sound cards. Also the patch 1.41.

My graphics card is

Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family (128MB)

I really hope someone can help... its about to go through the window...

J

:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Sorry man, you dont have all the requirements. Its your graphics card. Im not an expert but I know that Intel + Integrated graphics = no Battlefield 2. As far as I know its next to impossible to upgrade a graphics card on a laptop. So your best bet is to try and offload the game cause I doubt you'll get it running. Sorry.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Indeed, would have to agree with Adyx
    Your gfx just aint gonna cut it man:(
    Its a tough game for high end laptops in any case, and even the standard 128 card cuts it close:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

If I may qualify that one a bit further.

For BF2, the problem isn't the amount of graphics RAM in a laptop, the problem is integrated graphics (e.g. Intel GM) as opposed to standalone graphics (e.g. ATI/nVidia). You could have 2GB of RAM in the laptop and 512 MB useable by your latest-gen Intel integrated graphics, and it still wouldn't run.

It's actually the same with some low-end desktop graphics cards (Radeon SE series, I remember my 9200SE 128MB would CTD all the time, wouldn't even start it).

If you had a standalone graphics card in the laptop, it would run no probs. I run BF2 daily on a Dell D600 (512 RAM, 1.6 Centrino) with an ATI M9 (= radeon 9000) and 32MB graphics RAM! Yes, that's not a mistype: thirty-two megs of graphics ram.

If you're desperate to play BF2 on the move, change your lappie, and make sure the graphics chipset is not integrated (some DELL offerings now include nVidia 7xxx series, previous have included ATi 9700- and nVidia 6800-equivalents, which would be perfect).

To conclude - BF2 ain't a pile of rubbish, it's fab and you should do your homework ;) (plenty of hits about BF2 not running with integrated graphics on Google).

Advertisement