Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help identifying this short story... Raymond Carver?

Options
  • 01-04-2007 4:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I'm looking for the name of a story (or it may even have been a poem) about a man getting locked out of his home and having to smash a window to get back inside. Before he breaks the window, he contemplates the various times he has looked out of it while on the other side. I never read this story myself and only heard it read as part of a performance piece... somehow my brain has attached Raymond Carver's name to it; I hope that's right as I'd like to track it down if possible. Any help would be appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's a Carver poem alright. I'll check my copy of "All Of Them" if I remember tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

The following link will take you to Amazon's Look Inside tool for Carver's "All of Us", http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0375703802/ref=sib_dp_pt/104-2359111-1130311#reader-link.

On the left hand side you can click on Table of Contents. The third page lists a poem entitled "Locking Yourself Out, Then Trying To Get Back In". I assume that's the poem you're looking for. Unfortunately the poem itself is not included in Amazon's tool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Robert, Mpls

Earthhorse wrote:
    The following link will take you to Amazon's Look Inside tool for Carver's "All of Us", http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0375703802/ref=sib_dp_pt/104-2359111-1130311#reader-link.

On the left hand side you can click on Table of Contents. The third page lists a poem entitled "Locking Yourself Out, Then Trying To Get Back In". I assume that's the poem you're looking for. Unfortunately the poem itself is not included in Amazon's tool.

Awesome! That sounds close enough that I imagine it's right. Thanks!

Advertisement